Mediacom | Search Specialist
MediaCom South Korea
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
As the SEO Specialist, you will be dedicated to servicing both existing clients and supporting new business initiatives, including pitch development and proposal presentations. Your primary responsibility will be to grow and maintain Maxus SEO projects, as well as supporting other GroupM agency clients as demand requires. Your secondary emphasis will be on forthcoming new business.
3 best things about the job:
1. This position gets to make impactful contributions on existing SEO business from Day One in a friendly, international environment of young, hungry, and motivated Digital Marketing professionals.
2, SEO client portfolio is a diverse set of global brands with an emphasis on Travel, Luxury Fashion, Athletic Wear, and Cosmetics / Skincare.
- You’ll be working closely with wider Brand teams within the Mediacom Korea network, giving you exposure to both client-side and Group-side regional leadership; do well here and watch the career upgrades come landing on your lap!
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Learned Korea’s search landscape, specifically NAVER search portal
- Been exposed to all Mediacom’s SEO and content marketing business
In six months:
- Mastered NAVER and Korea’s search ecosystem as brand account manager
- Contributed in new SEO/Content business pitch materials and participating in pitch presentations
In 12 months:
- Delivered Technical and Content SEO analysis and recommendations as account lead
- Have developed and sold new SEO products and service offerings
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
This position’s responsibilities will be both client-facing and as back-end support. Servicing existing SEO client scopes, which tend to involve but are not limited to:
- Analyzing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Planning NAVER content strategy and content growth marketing
- Copywriting and creative development
- Competitive SEO analysis for site audit
- Client Adobe and Google Analytics report analysis
- CVR improvement analysis
- Monthly reporting and Quarterly Reviews
- Standing as the account lead for global clients, managing all client communication in the process
- Identifying additional existing client SEO needs
- Supporting new business opportunities / RFPs by contributing to pitch materials
- Working with both local GroupM agencies and regional teams to support regional / global RFPs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in SEO, SEM, and Social media marketing
- Strong understanding of Korea’s search landscape, specifically NAVER search portal
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced, diverse, and international working environment (previous agency experience a plus)
- Strong communication and organizational skills: this position is client-facing, and many clients only speak English
- Bilingual English-Korean speaker (native-level Korean, conversational English)
- Comfortable in making presentations to clients face-to-face (both Korean and English!)
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. At GroupM Korea, we embrace creativity and ideas as we embark on an exciting journey towards growth!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.