MediaCom | Associate Director
Overview of the Job
The Associate director (planning) is primarily responsible to deliver consistent excellent plan recommendations for their brands and product categories and deliver high quality, fully integrated plan executions & operational excellence to the client(s).
The individual should have a deep understanding of the category & brand challenges developing a clear view of the client’s needs both current and future and turns business objectives into integrated communications plans.
The associate director will need to works collaboratively with local, regional and global teams delivers against clear KPI’s for the client.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE ENTAIL…working in collaboration with colleagues to…
- Provide strategic advice on and recommendations to the client(s) by applying Mediacom best approaches
- Support the planning lead by providing data driven strategic recommendations by using all available data and analysis
- Work to the agreed business objectives set by the Client & the Planning Lead with the client
Client Account Management
- Lead the interaction and engagement for the client(s) to ensure the success of the relationship
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Deliver and manage effective and efficient client engagement at relevant levels
- Support the Client Lead & the Planning lead on client strategy meetings, QBRs, etc, leading on the relevant parts
- Financial control of client’s business in conjunction with Account Manager (payments, invoices, reconciliations, PO tracking etc.)
Operating and Technical Requirements
- Coordinate & complete annual plans for all brands for the assigned categories. Turn business objectives into comms objectives and define clear KPIs for each brief
- Leads the development of the brand’s communication strategy, working in partnership with Agency’s strategists, the other teams within the region / globally and with clients
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and a deep understanding of ASEAN region is a plus.
- Improve interfaces between planning, buying and digital teams within MediaCom and wider GroupM
- Work together with the local Management Team and Regional Account Teams to deliver efficient and effective Planning & Buying solutions to clients
- Support the Planning Lead in building capabilities in diversified offerings such as content, digital, analytics, etc.
- Drive the use of The System as our go to systems planning tool
- Identify areas of possible business growth within existing client base
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers in order to support the opportunity of new business within the client(s)
- Process and product delivery supervision
- Ensure smooth working processes
- Coordinate the with the Buying/ Implementation teams to ensure zero error implementation
- Work to develop client-specific Standard Operating Procedures, ensure adherence to SOP amongst team members
Key Performance Indicators
- Client: win, satisfaction, retention and growth. KPI: TRR score
- People: working closely with regional and local client teams and maintaining good working relationship
- Personal development: positive My360 feedback from reports, peers and clients
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Acquired a solid understanding of the client’s business challenges and short/mid-term priorities
- Established strong working relationships with a large client team based in Singapore & across Japan & with key MediaCom leads
- Delivered outstanding communication & media strategies to drive brand growth
In six months:
- Provided overall strategic advice on brand communications by applying Mediacom best approaches and delivered executional excellence of plans in close collaboration with local markets
- Established yourself as lead on managing client engagement, communication and reporting
In 12 months:
- Delivered valued and quantifiable benefit to the clients business, being viewed as a clear business partner.
- Delivered a 12-18 month roadmap for how the Mediacom/Client relationship should evolve, the internal/external requirements and metrics of success.
- 7+ years of account planning experience
- Ideally Degree in business management (MBA) or numerical/analytical degree e.g. economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- Language: English fluency is a must, any other ASEAN language fluency is a plus
- PC literate with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Advanced communication skills
- Demonstrable strong strategic planning skills and experience
- Proven track record in relevant sector with category management experience
- Evidence of being able to influence and manage client stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills to identify consumer journey planning
- Strong target orientation e.g. very results driven, ability to work effectively towards targets
- Strong client relationship management experience and proven ability in developing customer stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrable people management experience gained within a matrix management structure and specific capability at developing and sharing knowledge and developing team(s) and resource capabilities
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments
- Evidence of strong collaboration skills used to develop team and client knowledge in order to grow shared understanding and knowledge to facilitate improvements in strategic planning
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.