MediaCom | Business Director, Strategic Planning
Core purpose of job
This business director 'll be the key man to develop a strong media strategy across brands with connected with global planning guideline, as well as driving the best practice marketing solutions to ensure an integrated communication for the assigned categories.
3 best things about the job:
- You will work on one of the most prestigious media account locally and globally
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a broad and dynamic team member.
- Working in the fastest-growing agency in China, an agency full of people cherish passionate and have PACE.
- Client satisfaction
- New business contribution
- Team management
- Learning Agility
- Commercial Sense
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build and maintain productive and long lasting relationship with client across all levels and departments.
- Demonstrate leadership across key clients
- Ensure our planning is strategically led, considering consumer insight, business insight and coming up with media led big ideas to deliver value for our client.
- Have the understanding and confidence to discuss all aspects of the business, including working with the clients to arrive at the best process/systems for managing their business.
- Motivated team focused on improving our delivery to the client.
- Act as a mentor to junior employees.
- Prioritize tasks and appropriately delegate to individual members of the team, ensuring they are given adequate time, resource and are sufficiently trained to execute the tasks.
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the client business challenges and competitive landscape.
- High involvement into overall strategy planning work and direct existing team for the adaption
- Build a good relationship with the key decision makers on client side
- Understand MediaCom’s value proposition to the importance of the over communication approach.
- Quickly be familiar with assigned clients and products.
- Establish trusted relationship clients. Independently solve the ad-hoc request raising from client side.
In six months:
- Map out new media/content opportunities for the client that can lead to an award winning piece of work
- Getting close with your team, identify their strong and weak areas, and provide guidance
- Provide and share thought about leadership and service delivery thinking to the direct report.
- Independently lead the team to provide quality service to clients.
- Provide the direction in campaign proposals.
- Understand each team members’ capability, reasonably arrange team member’s work. Assure 100% accurate work delivered to clients.
In 12 months:
- Managed all annual review/planning proposal for the assigned client, coordinating the full agency resource to deliver the result.
- Worked in close collaboration with the planning team on future communication directives for your assigned client to address the dynamic media development.
- Contribute to new business
- Build up strong strategic thinking with commercial sense.
- Maintain good relationship with client.
- Clearly knows where to find the resource to solve client’s needs.
What you will need:
- Solid 10 years and more experience working in media within an agency.
- Good understanding of all media channels, both traditional and digital.
- Demonstrate sharp, strategic & critical thinking and effective problem solving skills.
- Consistently exhibit natural curiosity and dynamism.
- Effectively work collaboratively.
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working across large media budgets.
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese.
More about Mediacom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.