MediaCom | Data Director
- Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the leading global media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Data Director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for being charged with leading and developing a category, which is the fast-developing area in the communication market.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data, MediaCom China
3 best things about the job:
- Work in one of the fastest growing areas within communication.
- Work with an amazing team from different units like data driven strategic planning, programmatic advertising, search marketing, etc.
- Work in an exploring and boundless way to research the communication and marketing field.
- Solution innovation
- Client satisfaction
- New business contribution
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Up-to-speed and taken ownership of the business at MediaCom
- Built a good relationship with the key decision makers on client side and within agencyMeasurement:
- Establish trusted relationship clients and internal teams. Independently solve the request raising from clients and internal teams.
In six months:
- Developed out data driven advertising offering. Working with data partners in the market as well as internally at GroupM.
- Taken control of major clients running programmatic and improved the operation across these.
- Actively support data and programmatic strategyMeasurement:
- Independently provide quality service to clients and teams.
- Lead programmatic and data plans.
In 12 months:
- Cemented the value stream with key data partners in the market.
- Represents MediaCom internally & externally in data and programmatic related topics.Measurement:
- Contribute to new business
- Maintain good relationship with SP team and client.
- Clearly knows where to find the resource to solve client’s needs in data and programmatic.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Data project owner and key contact for key clients.
- CDP/DMP management and development. Management of progress, vendor, resources and risk. Product functions management. Needs collection and confirmation. Support the feasibility check and due diligence. Supervise tech vendor to land the product, suggest the product upgrade.
- Prepare product development documents. Coordinate the design, development, testing and other resources to ensure the smooth progress of the project and product quality. Formulate product optimization direction and promote product iteration;
- Research and analysis new marketing platform and mar-tech and ad-tech, incl 3rd party tech companies, media publishers, DMP/DSP/Web analytics companies and etc. On the trends of digital transformation related products, marketing platforms and tools.
- Support and consult client’s digital transformation. Build the transformation proposal and present the project result to senior clients.
- Client Development: Work with client leads to ensure performance acceleration of existing clients including new services and digital revenue share shift & growth
- New Business Development: Work with team on key pitches, driving the performance element.
- Work closely with GroupM programmatic and data teams to bridge best from the Group into MediaCom.
- Talent management & specialist community development
What you’ll bring:
- You will support the Head of Data in the area of data and analytics operations, to develop the data solution and to run performance analysis.
- You will work closely with client facing team as well as tech team, presenting your findings and recommendation to both client and internal.
- Our vision at MediaCom is for data driven advertising to take a central role in our digital product offering and you will work closely with the digital leadership team to make this a reality.
- Strong data and programmatic experience. At least 5 years hands on with data and programmatic related works within China. Knowledge of digital marketing, CRM, and ecom is a plus.
- Solid project and product manager experience is a must. Strong business interpretation capability. Independently lead the product design and implementation.
- Expert of ad-tech and mar-tech. Control the product development direction.
- Master product management tools, incl. Axure/Sketch/墨刀/PPT/WORD/VISIO
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Existing connections within the digital space in China across publishers and vendors
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.