Business Science Worldwide – Manager
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Set up over twenty year ago; this specialist analytics team is part of the Growth Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful Outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate. The key clients we are currently recruiting for are Adidas, Universal and Mars.
Objectives of the Role
Our Managers are experts in their field and ensure the smooth running and delivery of brilliant client analytics. Managing a small team of analysts, you will be responsible for coaching and developing them so they maximise their potential. Sitting with the Business Science Worldwide team you will also be integrated into a couple of key global accounts to ensure best practice analytics across other MediaCom market teams and departments.
You will be relied upon to solve problems and drive new and innovative working practices as part of regular client work and new business.
Duties and Responsibilities
· We are seeking someone to ensure the smooth running of client analytics projects, end to end
· You will ensure the delivery of client analysis projects and drive MediaCom to focus on meaningful business outcomes
· Ensure your reporting team can deliver on tasks and deadlines
· Responsible for the WW analytics support for named clients:
- Seamless support for budgeting, campaign planning, activation and reporting
- Making sure our media planning tool-kit is set up to work across all markets
- Ensuring the media tool-kit is calibrated with latest measurement insights
- Ensures there is a robust KPI framework for all media and communication objectives
- Corroborates proxy media metrics used as leading indicators for sales; or other objectives
- Supporting our commitment to advanced analytical measurement including the application of AI and ML to automate media decision making
- Enforces application of approved measurement techniques
- Engaged with the test and learn agenda
- Thought leader for the holistic optimization of media investment for demand creation and demand conversion; incorporating all e-Retail opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on knowledge and experience
- Keen to develop a detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Superior written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Knowledge of Market Mix Modelling and successful application to communications
- Solid knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Keen attention to detail, a questioning mindset
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects/clients
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent , advanced degree a plus
· Experience in an advertising agency is preferred
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Strong people management skills and capable of setting performance standards and managing staff towards objectives, empowering as appropriate.