Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Our Planning and Client Services teams are the lynchpin within the agency. They support our clients through attentive client servicing and specialist knowledge, they build honest and open relationships whilst always striving to work in the most collaborative way, whether with colleagues and other internal teams or externally.
It’s an exciting time to be joining MediaCom North - Due to both significant organic growth and a number of recent successful pitch wins we have new and exciting opportunities in our Planning and Management teams, and are looking at expanding the talent pool to help deliver best in class client solutions and build ever deeper relationships. We’re looking for an Associate Director to support this growth so are interested in speaking to those ideally with a Media Agency background, with strong business acumen, able to converse and lead clients at a snr level, a proven ability to drive clients business forward, an ability to deliver strong strategic thinking and galvanise people around them to collectively deliver for our clients.
Our Associate Directors are responsible, alongside their BD for delivering the strategic growth and overseeing the day to day running of client business at a senior level and are responsible for using high levels of initiative to execute strategies, whilst building strong business relationships.
Best 3 things about this job
- An opportunity to work for the UKs largest media agency working with the best people, thinking and clients in the UK in a culture where we put People First
- The chance to work with some of the best brands and businesses in the UK across all categories – working with both embryonic start ups through to blue chip household names.
- You will get a fantastic benefits package and be part of a culture that continually puts its people first with tonnes of fun things happening throughout the year. We also have an on-site Barista to fulfil all your caffeine needs for free :)
What you will need
- Media Agency experience is preferred - either current or past.
- A deep understanding of the entire media eco system, with a confidence to be able to talk about them at a senior client level when needed without channel specialist’s involvement
- To be Always on the lookout for the new and the different
- To be able to analyse client sales and consumer data imaginatively and get to grips with dynamics of the clients marketing environment
- Enthusiasm and passion about what we do
- Be curious and interested
- Be able to galvanise people behind your ideas.
- To be able to evaluate the effect of a campaign as a whole and media’s contribution to it.
- To be able to organise and run meetings both internally, with clients and media owners.
- To be proactive at developing ideas that help MediaCom in any way possible
Our People First, Better Results culture means we offer a number of benefits inc:
- A culture that promotes a healthy work life balance with early finish Fridays and social events throughout the year
- Flexible working opportunities for all
- Fantastic holiday allowance with birthday & Christmas off
Because Our People come First we also offer:
- Bupa private health scheme
- Pension scheme
- Over 30 Mental Health Allies available to talk
- Wellbeing allowance
- Employee discount schemes
- Coffee barista (free every day) & free breakfast
- Access to finance, mortgage and health advisors (free of charge)
- Pet friendly office
- Season ticket loan to cover the cost of travel between home and the workplace
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.