Global People Communications Director
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
A communications expert who has the talent and desire to develop and lead our global talent recruitment and retention comms plan. You will be responsible for designing and delivering creatively led solutions to inspire and galvanise our people.
The Global People Communications Director will act as a collaborator between the People, Marketing and Senior Leadership stakeholders to increase the impact and awareness of key people initiatives and internal people team communications. They will develop annual content plans to include recruitment campaigns, events and collateral and be responsible for all talent marketing activities and budget. They will make recommendations based on analytics of the MediaCom employee brand vs our key competitors with an emphasis on increasing the visibility and desirability of MediaCom for both prospective and our current employees.
Reporting to MediaCom Global Chief People Officer with key stakeholder relationships with other People team members and key business leads across MediaCom, GroupM and the broader WPP network.
- Communication - Articulates self with credibility, conviction and encourages buy-in. Speaks and writes clearly and succinctly using appropriate language that is easy to understand. Challenges the views of others in an open and constructive way. Presents a credible and positive image both internally and externally. English is our international business language and proficiency both written and verbal is therefore required. High standard of writing skills with a good eye for detail.
- Extensive experience working in either Internal Marketing/ Communications or employee brand marketing.
- Ideally experience of supporting complex international business across geographies and working with culturally diverse teams. Multiple language skills would be an advantage.
- Influencing – Comfortable communicating with people at all levels, you will regularly present and gain buy in for your ideas from key stakeholders. You will be committed to constant networking and representing the people team and our employees. A person who is skilled at networking and building bespoke communications through those relationships. Able to seek and develop mutually beneficial relationships within the network globally, WPP group and the wider industry.
- Innovation/Creativity - Open minded and actively seeks opportunities to try out new ideas and situations. Understanding of best practice for People communications and confident on key social media channels, particularly LinkedIn and Instagram. Uses resources creatively and thinks laterally to identify new opportunities and solutions. Develops new ideas and knowledge to foster new insights to demonstrate clear employee communication and PR initiatives.
- Analytical Skills for the continual analysis of market/communication trends. This analysis provides the foundation for our internal employee communication strategies to review and understand how to best use the data around employee behaviour and creating a best-in-class employee experience/Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Building the MediaCom employee brand and business strategy, as well as the overarching GroupM/WPP agendas to support a People Communication strategy for the organisation.
- Implementation and delivery of the global People communications strategy and build relationships with key internal marketing contacts/external partners.
- Creation and curation of ‘People First’ content, primarily for our People First hub but additionally to use across our social channels externally, including video and podcasts.
- Lead the entries into People/Employment Awards, in partnership with the Global Marketing and Senior Leaderships teams.
- Create and manage a calendar of events, such as webinars and thought leadership contributions. Raise the profile of our people and support sharing best practice and information on key people practices and employee initiatives.
- Continually review changes to employment trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the people communication plan if necessary. Provide employment marketing and comms tools and materials to enable the people team to function effectively.
- Work with the Chief People Officer to develop our People narrative for external sites such as MediaCom.com.
- Responsible for the creation of all internal people comms plans, including key Global and Regional Senior leadership changes and key internal talent communications such as My360 programme.
- Assess and negotiate employment communications campaign/initiatives costs.
- Report on the effectiveness of internal employee comms campaigns using pre-determined KPIs.
- Creation of all staff campaigns within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Open Door platforms. Ability to analyse and act on the subsequent data to maximise effectiveness of each campaign.
- Other ad hoc projects as may be required.