Media Planning Manager
Planning Manager - 24449
Department / Team
Business Unit 1
Louise Hall – Business Director
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world. We drive communications strategy and direction, not just media planning for most of our clients.
As the Planning Manager for you will be using MediaCom’s Systems Planning Approach: defining how best to crack their briefs, challenging the brief and the accepted norms, defining the KPIs and effectiveness learnings we’re trying to seek, as well as ensuring and challenging the agencies and client teams to operate in a joined-up and holistic way of working.
We’re looking for confident, inspiring and driven “agents-of-change” as we help our clients achieve growth through intelligent systems thinking.
Overview of job
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant comms planner to be a Planning Manager working on Britain’s largest group of petrol stations and global mega-brand. You should either be an established Account Manager looking to take more of a strategic approach to planning or a proven Planner acting in an AM capacity.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development, sell-in and delivery of planning work to and their stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with our client.
- Own the brief to Connect/MBA – developing briefs that are inspirational, rigorous and clear.
- Planning support for BD for major projects.
- Lead ad-hoc requests for clients.
- Develop good relationships with other departments that work on the account.
- Manage, and delegate effectively to, the junior members of the team.
- Take specific responsibility for Systems Planning for the team, ensuring best-practise on all planning projects.
- Participate in stretch sessions.
What you will need:
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry.
- An ambition and tenacity to make the ordinary extraordinary.
- An ability to spot the real issue behind the brief – knowing how to challenge the client to understand what they really need.
- Data-literacy – aware of the available resources and how to turn reams of data into insights that shape clear strategic opportunities.
- Knowledge of the nuts and bolts of media well enough to be able to develop a top-line media plan and judge a detailed one.
- Good storytelling skills – to give our ideas and thinking the best chance of coming to fruition.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Measures of success:
In three months, you will have:
- Onboarded fully on to the account and met all the key stakeholders
- Built strong relationships with key clients and other agency leads
- Lead a campaign brief (or two)
In six months, you will have:
- Established yourself in the team
- Engaged the wider agency
- Have become a ‘go to’ in retail planning for
In 12 months, you would have:
- Produced exceptional planning work that we would look to enter at a future industry awards
- Recognised as a go to source of inspiration in the team and wider agency
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK.
Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
We believe that everything starts and ends with our people. This is the cornerstone of our “People first” philosophy. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
Our ambition is to make MediaCom the best place to work for knowledgeable, curious, caring and passionate people. We strive to nurture a culture that will fire enthusiasm and inspire creativity. Our thinking is simple: inspired people will create better work for our clients.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en