As a Data Scientist within the growing data and analytics Worldwide team you will support the development of cutting edge analytics tools to provide marketing solutions for our clients. You will use your programming and statistics background to support this.
You will be working on cutting edge programming solutions producing best in market tools & analytics . You will engage with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients and have the opportunity to continuously learn. This role will have alot of autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry
Responsibilities of the role
The role of the Data Scientist involves:
• Taking disaggregated data sets and performing advanced analytical processes to derive insights and solutions for our marketing challenges
• Ensuring that solutions are actionable through to communications deployment
• Developing and aiding client roll-out of Business Science proprietary built tools. Training internal & external users on use-cases and offer on-going tech support
• Developing methodological improvements to be adopted by the wider Business Science team
• Supporting the analytics offering of the agency. Understanding areas where programming can be used to deliver marketing solutions for agency & client challenges.
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
• Smart and curious thinker who cannot resist an intellectual challenge
• Keen to be involved in programming & insight development
• Desire to learn & progress
• Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
• Keen interest in applying your skillsets into media and marketing
• Previous experience using R or similar
• Experience using Shiny, SQL, Git and Linux a plus
• Degree or equivolent in Economics, Maths, Stats or other numerical subject (2:1 or above)
About Business Science
Business Science is MediaCom’s marketing effectiveness team. We provide actionable solutions and accountability to support key business decisions and increase marketing effectiveness for our clients.
Our services cover areas such as market mix modelling, budgeting setting / allocation and conjoint analysis
As a result of our success we are looking to expand further.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom