As a Data Scientist within the growing data and analytics Worldwide team you will support the development of cutting edge analytics tools to provide marketing solutions for our clients. You will use your programming and statistics background to support this.
You will be working on cutting edge programming solutions producing best in market tools & analytics . You will engage with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients and have the opportunity to continuously learn. This role will have alot of autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry
Responsibilities of the role
The role of the Data Scientist involves:
• Taking disaggregated data sets and performing advanced analytical processes to derive insights and solutions for our marketing challenges
• Ensuring that solutions are actionable through to communications deployment
• Developing and aiding client roll-out of Business Science proprietary built tools. Training internal & external users on use-cases and offer on-going tech support
• Developing methodological improvements to be adopted by the wider Business Science team
• Supporting the analytics offering of the agency. Understanding areas where programming can be used to deliver marketing solutions for agency & client challenges.
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
• Smart and curious thinker who cannot resist an intellectual challenge
• Keen to be involved in programming & insight development
• Desire to learn & progress
• Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
• Keen interest in applying your skillsets into media and marketing
• Previous experience using R or similar
• Experience using Shiny, SQL, Git and Linux a plus
• Degree or equivolent in Economics, Maths, Stats or other numerical subject (2:1 or above)
About Business Science
Business Science is MediaCom’s marketing effectiveness team. We provide actionable solutions and accountability to support key business decisions and increase marketing effectiveness for our clients.
Our services cover areas such as market mix modelling, budgeting setting / allocation and conjoint analysis
As a result of our success we are looking to expand further.
MediaCom develops fully-connected communications systems, fuelled by the best, most engaging content. Our objective is to help clients meet their business objectives, and we are experts at optimizing exactly the right mix of traditional and digital media, along with creating content, on the channels that consumers use most.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion. We employ 7,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe, and service exceptional clients. We are a member of WPP, the largest marketing communications services group in the world.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here:
www.mediacom.co.uk and http://www.mediacom.com/