Media Planner - Boots Global Consumer Brands
Overview of job
We are looking for a brilliant & talented Planner to work on the exciting WBA Account across their Global Consumer Brands, including brands such as No7, Liz Earle, CYO, Soltan, Sleek, Botanics.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager and ultimately Associate Director on Global Consumer Brands.
3 best things about the job:
- An opportunity to develop award winning ideas on a fast-paced account and work on a range of brands from leaders all the way through to start-ups.
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a number of other WPP specialists across advertising, PR and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Mastered the basics of the WBA account, the category and the ways of working between all Mediacom/WPP teams/departments
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
- Assisted with getting insights on competitors and target audiences to inform communications strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a good relationship with multiple stakeholders, in particular our clients
- Take more of a lead in the planning on some of the smaller campaigns
- Actively contributed in client meetings
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become proactive with day-to-day, and effectively be able to answer client requests without guidance
- Shown evidence of work that has been done to a high standard with little input from your line manager
- Built a strong relationship with clients and become a trusted partner for the client
Responsibilities of the role:
What you will need:
- Work openly and collaboratively with immediate Planning teams, Investment teams and WPP agencies in order to help develop strategic solutions, plans and innovative ideas
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns. Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Develop an understanding and champion Mediacom’s Systems Planning process
- Help to keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Have/develop a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Demonstrate an active interest in the client’s business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise – become a category expert
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant information and learnings to the Client and wider team through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Analyse research studies and current trends to identify key insights and communicate these to the client when applicable
- Have the ability (when necessary) to confidently speak and provide relevant updates in a client meeting
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
- Prepare intelligence and support for client meetings.
- Provide inspiration for the team from related and unrelated competitors.
- Develop understanding of the media landscape, the different departments of MediaCom and how we do business and make money
- Participate in stretch sessions.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en