Planner - Universal, Paddy Power
MediaCom - Implementation OOH Planner
Overview of job
The role sits within the Implementation team in TED at MediaCom, working across Universal, Hayu, Now Music, PlayStation, Paddy Power, Harper Collins and JD Sports. An implementation OOH Planner uses the industry and media specific insight tools, investment and media owner knowledge to build implementational OOH plans. OOH Planners need to have strong media owner relationships, good communication skills, as well as the ability to deliver a solid implementational strategy. A successful OOH Planner can handle the day to day running of the account, liaising with the Associate Director to manage all incoming requests and response to briefs so developing a trusted relationship with the client’s media and marketing team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director across OOH in TED.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on some of the biggest and best accounts at Mediacom who move at rapid pace and who are at the forefront of new media opportunities
- You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with several other specialists across advertising, PR, and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- It’s an opportunity to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways, to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships internally with Planning, Kinetic and other MediaCom departments including MBA.
- Started to build strong relationships with day to day clients and working closely with the wider MediaCom teams
- Delivered brilliant basics in OOH implementational planning
In six months, you would have:
- Liaised and worked closely with Kinetic to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
- Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Developed a good grasp of the key accounts
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your client team and started to gain their trust in your media expertise and recommendation
- Be planning and managing the implementation of your own OOH campaigns
- Taken ownership of the execution or the management of most day to day tasks on the account.
- An understanding of automated OOH trading and how it works
Responsibilities of the role:
Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
Maintain strong relationships with media owners
Ensure that you are delivering brilliant basics in OOH implementational planning
Work closely with Kinetic to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
Take ownership of campaign briefs and, with the support of the Associate Director, develop the OOH strategy, produce implementational plans, as well as manage the implementation and reporting at the end of the campaign.
Work closely with the OOH team on the day to day output across key clients
Meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
Present recommendations and post campaign analysis to senior clients
Work on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
Proactively look for new and interesting media opportunities, as well as ways to improve our media activity.
Work closely with Kinetic to deliver clients buying targets
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions. They will be a competent OOH planner, with a strong strategic and outcome-based planning skills as well as a capacity to build and maintain great client relationships.
- Experience in a OOH planning role
- Experience of digital and trafficking
- Interest and enthusiasm for working across a varied client portfolio
- Basic multi-media understanding
- Developing strategic skills
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g. Route and TGI)
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions
- Good communicator
- Natural curiosity
- Ability to think creatively and put forward new and exciting media opportunities to clients
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process
- Great communication skills: You will be required to present to senior clients regularly.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en