International - Paid Search Associate Director - Global Clients
Search Associate Director
Department / Team
Search & Biddable Department, International
London, 26 Red Lion Square
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
The team & the role
We are the Mediacom International search & biddable team, part of connected execution, servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including: Shell, American Airlines, Brand USA, Sony & Bose.
The Associate Director will join our team in London in a role leading the search business on our Ecommerce Retail clients. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion and possess considerable experience across search and biddable channels. Our clients live and breathe their brands and expect the same from their agencies. The job will involve working in the fast paced world of digital marketing specialising in paid search with a team working across a range of client businesses.
What we can’t live without:
- Strong commercial mind-set, leading on delivery of services in line with client objectives, service level agreements and terms of business
- Passion for Paid Search, demonstrated by a proven track record of driving performance for clients
- Leadership skills, strong leader with previous experience of leading a successful team
- Communication skills, can convey complex topics to different stakeholder types
- Strong presenting skills, able to present confidently in front of large audiences
- Winning mentality, striving to exceed expectations
- Numerate, analytical, and administratively competent with strong attention to detail
Responsibilities of the role
- Work closely with the client planning teams & specialist teams to deliver integrated campaigns.
- Act as a representative of the Paid Search department and MediaCom. Build relationships throughout the company, identify opportunity for client growth.
- Build strong & collaborative client relationship, thought leadership.
- Ensure all meeting outcomes are reported & delivered against by team.
- Shape & inform client strategy & client services.
- Take career management seriously, prepare for performance reviews and attend training.
- Have an ability to be highly motivated, numerate, and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results.
- Financial accuracy through the planning & buying process.
Search & Biddable Tasks:
- Responsible for continued development of search accounts and other biddable channels within own team and wider department – driving efficiencies, seeking opportunities for growth.
- Advanced understanding of search & biddable principles, how marketing campaigns work cross market, advanced analytic aptitude, view for the bigger picture of embedding strategies cross channel and within the client’s vertical.
- Advanced experience with bid management, analytics & competitive insights tools available in the market - when they should be used and their relative strengths and limitations.
- Show initiative and pro-activity in growing the accounts, increasing efficiencies, and identifying new client opportunities.
- An in-depth understanding of the biddable landscape as it relates to various channels including display and video.
People/ Team Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for team, which includes ensuring clear KPIs and delivery against targets.
- Clear split of role & responsibilities, awareness of team’s tasks & deliverables.
- Ensure training for team based on their level and identify their strengths & weaknesses for their further career development in areas such as:
- Delivering accurate analysis of the SEM campaigns
- Delivering campaigns across different channels & markets
- Planning and forecasting of schedules.
- Implementing testing into SEM campaign.
- Producing results and competitive analysis.
In return, MediaCom will offer the candidate the opportunity to:
- Be in a fantastic working environment – our work/life balance is important to us
- Work on a well-established account, which has seen tremendous growth and success over the last 2 years
- Build a career here – we are long-term focused and reward great performance