Business Intelligence Engineer
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
• GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Maxus, MediaCom, MEC and MindShare.
• Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
• The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The Role Objective
• Playing a key role in the overall delivery of the BI/ETL framework, including product design, development and delivery, resource scheduling, QA, product deployment.
• Working within a defined framework, coordinate with product owner and manage the day to day tasks of an expanding team of BI developers, with a primary focus on the collection and delivery of digital advertising data.
• Manage and deploy solutions according to briefs and scopes that can be specified by a variety of avenues.
• Manage the overall data acquisition function of the global product teams, prepare data to be ingested and analysed by the visualisation team.
• Help deliver end-to-end solutions for managing, storing and surfacing data to reduce the time to insight for our clients and drive internal efficiencies.
• Troubleshoot data issues that may occur in every data management process.
• Proactive at identifying problems and proposing solutions and improvements
• Help to devise and deploy a self-service data model for global clients and client teams for analytics purposes.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing theory and best practices
• Data analysis and profiling skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven experience working with MS SQL Server (2012 or higher)
• Ability to write and optimise T- SQL to a high standard
• Experience of developing solutions using Visual Studio Development Environment
• Experience with Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management
• Knowledge of Microsoft Technology stack SQL, .NET, Azure
• Proficiency in C#
• Working experience of Azure Storage, Compute & Data Services
• Working experience of SSAS
• Working experience of Tableau and/or Power BI
• Experience/appreciation NoSQL technologies
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of media agency offering and business model