Display and Programmatic Manager
MediaCom Display & Programmatic Manager
Overview of role
We are looking for a strong Manager to join the Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) team, working across a number of their core brands including Lloyds, Halifax, Scottish Widows, MBNA and B2B brands.
This role requires an experienced digital manager focusing on brand planning across display, OLV and programmatic. With some of the biggest brands in financial services we have huge ambitions to increase our digital brand activations and there is enormous scope within this role to transform this area of our activity.
With an impressive warehouse of customer data, the role provides a great opportunity to be involved in advanced first party data usage that puts LBG ahead of their competitors.
As the market leader our brand activity is focused is on driving awareness and consideration of customers and non-customers through the use of a wider range of innovative digital partners and creative formats. Whilst the other half of the team is focused on achieving profitable growth and identifying halo and cross sell opportunities with existing customers.
Our team has a unique and exciting setup where MediaCom and LBG have teamed up to form one cohesive team, bringing the best of both worlds together - more than just collaborative, we are a joint team – no longer agency and client.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Daniel Hoey (Digital Associate Director) whilst also reporting into Chris Gough at Lloyds Banking Group who is Display & Programmatic channel lead. There is a fantastic Exec who is a rising star within the team who focuses on brand activity and this role will include the line management and development of this team member.
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from
- The work – you’ll do industry leading, big brand, strategic planning, with genuinely award-winning potential in almost every brief. LBG does both brand and performance activity with this role focusing more on brand campaigns across the different brands – predominantly Lloyds and Halifax.
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency,
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with team mates, clients and agency partners, becoming a trusted strategic partner. Presented response to briefs to the clients with strong digital rationale and joining up with other channels to form connected responses.
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom. Particularly our planning philosophy, having been introduced to Systems Planning, our proprietary and market leading planning process.
In six months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the digital team, acting as an invaluable support to the LBG channel lead and MediaCom AD, Digital Director, wider team and of course trusted agency partner to your clients.
- Creating a network of peers across the agency to share learnings, challenges and new opportunities and to bring the best of the agency into the LBG team. championing the work across the agency
- Taken responsibility for brand activity output and roadmap projects to increase budgets and transform our brand campaigns from planning, activation through to measurement and PCA.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A very clear and defined development plan, with clear objectives, identified training and development needs, to help you to grow.
- Be leading by example, inspiring and motivating the junior members of the team
- Become completely proficient in Systems Planning (MediaCom’s planning process) and encouraging a strong culture in the team
- Become involved in work outside of the immediate client teams – contributing to and learning from other clients, extra-curricular projects, etc.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build a strong relationship with LBG clients, to become a trusted strategic partner
- Build strong relationships with key media owner partners, ensuring a thorough knowledge of their offering and proposing new innovation on plans
- Be the brand primary point of contact for comms planning and agency partners
- Manage, delegate effectively to, & QA the output of the junior members of the team
- Assist in briefing media channel planning specialists on specific campaigns– developing briefs that are inspirational, rigorous, and clear
- Be an expert on LBG target audiences and industry categories.
- Be an expert in the UK media market place
- Lead the development, sell-in and deliver the planning work on agreed projects
- Planning support for the AD and channel lead on major projects
- Lead ad-hoc requests for clients
- Oversee the finance / media delivery process along with other members of the team
- Develop good relationships with other departments that work on the account
- Participate in stretch sessions within your teams, and on other clients
What you will need:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Confidence to challenge those around you (including clients) to get to the best solution and offer your point of view
- Positive, proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Calm under pressure
- Being commercially minded to get to the best trading solution for our investment, understanding the different commercial levers available to us
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Tech literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
- Experience in Finance & Banking is helpful, but not essential
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. In addition to LBG its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Direct Line Group, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into seven Business Units made up of billings between £100m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace), implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 7, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Mark Wallace.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en