Paid Search Planner Buyer
MediaCom – Search Planner Buyer
Overview of job
Responsible for the day to day planning, management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
The Search Planner Buyer will be self-motivated, and able to manage their time effectively. They will be operationally proficient, and have solid knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will have basic knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Search Team Manager, with the team being led by an Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on well-known brands.
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach, whilst being progressive in the search space.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns and has fun along the way.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Fully implemented a weekly reporting and optimisation routine that provides the best opportunity for performance improvements.
- Developed strong relationships with day to day client contacts, and internal stakeholders.
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the search accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with the client planning teams to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to input into shaping search strategy according to both, business needs and the market as a whole.
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Search Team Manager with search insights, tests and innovation.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider search community.
External and Internal Communication
- Day-to-day communication (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media owners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the Search Team Manager.
Search Experience and Knowledge
- In-depth paid search specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards a strict cost per conversion target
- Up to date with Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising developments
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A keen interest in understanding other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Able to meticulously follow processes, from budget management to brief responses
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360 in particular) or Marin Software
- Savvy user of automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management, reporting)
What you will need:
- Detailed knowledge about granular account optimisation in line with KPIs
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Experience with working across multiple products and search accounts
- Previous experience with direct response clients
- Experience in handling the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about all things digital, and keen to learn
- A real team player
- Positive and proactive attitude
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes Sky, DFS, Tesco, Groupe PSA/Vauxhall, Adidas and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en