Digital Manager - EY
Role of the Digital Media Manager
Digital mangers are the conduit between long-term strategy and implementation across all digital channels. Their job is to use insight derived from data across all sources and create integrated digital plans that not only exceed client expectations but deliver on the KPIs our clients set.
We are our clients’ partners in cutting through complexity in digital to deliver solutions that can meet any requirement, from driving more sales to understanding what a long-term content strategy should be and the digital manager is the central cog to making true integration of this a reality. They should have a 360 view across Display, Search and Social and can talk confidently about all Digital channels however the focus for planning/buying will be in digital display and partnerships. They will be required to coordinate with our specialist Social and Search teams. They should also be able to advise on broader digital themes such as Data Strategy, Creative/Content and Partnerships.
Objectives of the Role:
Overall client satisfaction
The person in this role will play an active role in maintaining and building our client relationship with EY, working closely with the Associate Director to deliver strong client servicing. Strong client management skills are key.
Working closely with the Associate Director, ensure timely communication and management of client expectations, working closely with the wider Account Team, specialist Central Execution teams, as well as local markets (where relevant) to safeguard timely delivery of services.
Lead and manage the team
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, creating an effective/collaborative team where people are engaged and feel valued.
Play an active role in the management and training of junior members of the team alongside the Associate Director, ensuring team members are upskilled, actively attending training sessions and staying on track for progression.
Working with the Associate and Business Directors to develop clear and well supported EY Global strategies and planning principles, using the Systems Planner tools where possible.
Support in ensuring strong central output across EY and ensuring delivery of gold standard communication solutions, with adoption of global strategy & planning principles, with flawless execution.
Taking client briefs and developing media plans to support client objectives. Liaising and negotiating with media owners to extract maximum value for the client. Creating presentations to rationalise media selection and recommendations and presenting them to the client.
Liaising with internal Adops and analytics teams to ensure campaigns are executed accurately and that learnings or insight is extracted and fed back to the client plus in to the optimisation of the plan.
Financial management & commercial accountability
Ensure all EY financial processes are effective, resulting in timely billing and payment of all client activity.
Minimise invoice queries within the team, and ensure any that do arise are dealt with quickly and resolved.
• Develop a full understanding of in all areas of the MediaCom suite of products and services to support the identification and selling tasks.
• Comply with all internal processes around quality assurance, ensuring all client facing information is proofed prior to submission.
• Create media strategy & rationale and work with AD and Planners to package and present back to client.
• Contribute constructively to the identification and improvement of central processes which could deliver higher-performance.
• Oversee and develop a Media Planner/Buyer
• Be a strong leader and mentor and lead by example
• Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
• Maintain strong relationships with media owners
• Ensure that you are delivering brilliant basics in digital implementation planning
• Work closely with the Digital Associate Director on the day to day digital output for your clients (working with all departments across the company)
• Meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
• Response to brief presentations
• Work on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
• Understanding of communications planning and Systems Planner process
• Strong client servicing skills
• Leadership and influence at all levels
• Implementation knowledge across all media
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills (writing and delivery)
• Leading by example, with integrity and good citizenship, in line with MediaCom values
• Positive and passionate approach that motivates the team
• Independently owning and managing relationships confidently
• Ambition and drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
Key Performance Indicators:
Measures of success –
In three months, you would focus on developing:
• Network and Collaboration Skills which will include:
• Effectively manage stakeholder relationships
• Deliver excellent client service and learn from feedback
• Team Relationship – proactive feedback to AD and responsibility of Planner/Buyer
In six months, you would have a degree of development and continued focus on:
• Operational & Technical Skills
• Co-ordinate strategic planning activities
• Interpret client briefs and management of deliverables
• Conduct and analyse research
• Comply with internal processes for quality assurance
• Contribute constructively to the identification and improvement of processes
In 12 months, you would have developed:
• Strategic Skills
• Make recommendations to the strategic direction of the account
• Remain up to date with market trends and understand the market and customer demographics
• Take Accountability for sharing key information across the team as appropriate