Digital Planning Manager
Digital Planning Manager
Overview of role
We are looking for a brilliant Digital Planning Manager to join the Boots Retail Team.
Working across the Boots Retail account this role will play an integral part of the account to deliver innovative campaigns across all media channels, with a focus on digital first planning and pefromance planning skillset. The successful candidate will get to work across the entire campaign life cycle – from strategy to execution. Boots Retail planning spans a number of varied categories: Health, Wellness, Beauty and Gifting (Christmas, Valentines, Mother’s Day).
You will work closely with the Digital Leads internally and externally across Digital, Data, and PPC (plus traditional non-digital channels) to drive innovation, challenge and educate and deliver upon your client’s business objectives with a strong performance focus on sales targets.
You will be directly involved in pushing forward Boots’ use of 1st Party data (CRM, LiveRamp, Adobe, Google), audience analytics tools (GA, TGI etc) and media owner data to ensure that we are fully utilising each data source to its maximum potential and that it’s having a direct benefit to our clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Emma Brogden – Associate Director, and will have dotted line into Louise Goodbourn, Digital Planning Director & Arabella Blaikie, Business Director who both oversee the Boots Retail Team
3 best things about the job
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive, ambitious & fun team
- The work & business understanding – you’ll will be working on a large retail brand who have big ambitions in digital & data, and a client that sees WPP as an extension of their marketing team
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the team, acting as an invaluable support to your line manager & wider team and trusted agency partner to your clients.
- Understood the client’s business and growth targets, and how digital channels contributes to this.
- Proven to be the day to day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
- Ensure yourself & the team have built strong relationships with each of the implementation teams, as well as Creative Systems
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom. Particularly our planning philosophy, having been introduced to Systems Planning, our proprietary and market leading planning process
In six months, you would have:
- Have full over-sight of day-to-day digital performance workstreams on the account, delivering & helping present responses to brief to the clients F2F and become increasingly confident in Systems Planning.
- Delivered on short- and long-term projects to develop the digital account and improve performance.
- Work with Digital Director/AD to establish a Test & Learn innovation framework
- Worked closely with PPC and Paid Social account managers to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the clients’ business and their needs and have the ability to shape digital strategy in line with it, whilst not forgetting industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the clients’ teams, providing added value for digital channels and beyond.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires direct reports and peers alike.
Responsibilities of the role
- Establish yourself as the key digital planning point of contact for the client quickly – being a trusted strategic partner and opinionated expert on digital market and industry issues.
- Skills in leading the development, presentation, and delivery of top-quality digital display & video planning across annual planning / major planning projects
- Work closely with Paid Social, PPC, Affiliate & SEO teams to deliver integrated digital plans
- Line management of two Digital Planner Buyers, with responsibility of their work output & career development
- Play a key part in helping to upskill our wider team in Digital, supported by the Digital Planning Director/AD
- Ensure the team understand the importance of their planning work in supporting the clients’ business and driving the wider agency output, and that they are proud of the work they do.
- Ensure the team have built strong relationships with each of the implementation teams, as well as Creative Systems
- Make sure the team adhere to the work sign-off process & commercial process defined by the planning management team.
- Participate in stretch sessions, both to share own experience and for personal freshness.
- Ensure your line manager is up to date with changes & developments on each squad
What you will need
- Implementation experience in Digital Display/Online Video
- Planning experience with digital focus also will be considered.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*