Digital Account Manager
Digital Account Manager
We are looking for an account manager who has experience in planning & buying digital media or has a background in media/creative/data who wants to pivot and pursue a passion for digital media.
The role is two-fold, firstly to manage clients who invest in digital media, but secondly apply light planning and activation across digital media. Depending on where your existing experience lies, we’ll train you on where you need it.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into a Digital Account Director and work with the wider digital specialists.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Opportunity to work on exciting clients with varying degrees of budget
- A squiggly career, that you can shape: do you become a specialist in digital, a generalist or focus on client services?
- Personal and practical skills growth in digital media, with training “on the job”
What are the measures of success?
- You are seen as a gateway to digital media by your clients, working with them to identify growth in existing and new channels
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Be responsible for managing your own clients as well as becoming a cornerstone for digital within one or two of our key accounts
- Client services / account management
- Communicate results and performance in well-honed presentations
- Activate mostly biddable media, across paid social and search
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of digital media (paid social, programmatic and search (SEO & PPC))
- Contribute digital media recommendations to wider media plans
- Working collaboratively with other media channels
- Responsibility for the QA process across media activation, minimizing error and risk and ensuring consistent and accurate adherence to process.
- Has worked for digital/media/creative/data agency for 1 – 2x years
- Best practices view of the benefits of digital media
- Understanding of how digital media can be leveraged to drive business growth
- Good communication skills are important
- Ability to set appropriate performance centric KPIs
- All academic backgrounds are welcomed – qualifications in maths & data are of interest
MediaCom Edinburgh is one of five UK offices (Birmingham, Leeds, London & Manchester), and is part of GroupM – the worlds largest media investment company. You will work on clients big and small, from FMCG to digital-only.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.