Account Director - PRO Investment
Overview of role
The Account Director is responsible for the day to day running of client business, using high levels of initiative to execute strategies and ensure accuracy and punctuality of billing. They must be able to take and distil client/planning briefs, working with the AD/BD and planning team to then produce effective strategies.
The role of an Account Director requires a combination of strong leadership, communication and organisation skills, as well as thorough media knowledge across both on and offline channels. Overseeing and contributing to the development of the junior team on a day-to-day basis is a key responsibility.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Director
- Take full responsibility for the financial running of your accounts i.e., month end billing procedures and POs
- Understand the importance of trade insurance and how it applies to each of your clients
- All procedures are adhered to, such as purchase orders acquired and shown on invoices
- Understand the importance of Sox procedures for all client bookings and ensure adherence
- Drafts checked and given back to accounts, including any amendments within 24hours of receipt
- Ensure good and accurate administration is undertaken on all accounts
- Negotiating and buying effectively through a clear and demonstrated understanding of market / supplier trading conditions
- Understanding and demonstration that client negotiation and value can be delivered outside of simply reducing trading rates
- To be responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of approved media plans
- Responsible for keeping clients abreast of new media developments and opportunities, and the continual developments of their media investment.
- To understand all of Mediacom’s RWI and Business Science offerings and their purpose/potential across your clients.
- Delivers over and above day-to-day team and client responsibilities, and begins to drive new behaviours and thought processes
- Develop relationship and thorough understanding of 3rd party audit process
- An ability to seek new business opportunities from relationships with 3rd parties and previous clients
- Develop along with the team, award winning work
- To work pro-actively with other members of the team and wider agency to drive improvements to current workflow, processes and team efficiency
- To delegate effectively and supervise and help develop junior members of team
- Ensure all parties are engaged and motivated to produce the optimal solutions and responses to briefs
- Be able to help organise training of clients in media related issues
- Share the good work you and your teams do with the investment team and wider agency
- Get to know colleagues within the wider group, and use their skills to help you in your role
What you will need
- An ability and deep understanding of both on and offline channels with a confidence to be able to talk about them competently when needed without other channel specialist’s involvement
- An intelligent approach to evaluation of a campaign and media’s contribution to it
- To be able to communicate verbally in an effective way with other members of the team, other departments/creative agencies and Directors
- Very good understanding of and ability to use industry tool skills as appropriate, eTelmar, Nielsen, MediaCom proprietary tools etc
- Deep understanding of media channels and the Systems planning process
- Enthusiasm and passion about what we do
- Proactive in developing ideas that make your client’s campaigns better
- Developing active listening skills - how to take a brief, ask open ended questions, incorporate client concerns.
- Develop a wider reading / insight circle around things not just media related but that affect your clients worlds
- Develop good relationships with media owners
- Clear understanding of dynamics, costs and potential of each media
- Organise and run meetings both internally and with clients and media owners
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- A confident and sound presenter
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom *
*Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.