Search Account Manager
Search Account Manager
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know.
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
About GroupM Nexus
GroupM Nexus UK is a community of more than 1,000 specialists comprised of Search, Social, Programmatic & Display, and Ad Tech Ops Practice Squads from across the GroupM agencies. GroupM Nexus is designed to accelerate GroupM clients’ businesses by leveraging the power and capabilities of GroupM and its agencies, through partnerships with the world’s leading digital platforms.
The EssenceMediacom Search are a team of approximately 25 people working across a range of clients within many different markets. You’ll be a part of the wider Google Practice, which is a community for all EssenceMediacom UK digital experts, which focues on connecting the Google ecosystem and delivering best in class performance for our clients. We are now looking for a Search Account Manager to come and join the growing Search team based in EssenceMediacom North’s Head Office in Manchester.
Intro to the role:
As a Paid Search Account Manager you will be responsible for owning the day-to-day execution of all elements of paid search activity, employing strong platform knowledge & supplier relationships to deliver flawless testing and media plans, optimisation, and analysis.
The role involves managing one or several juniors, overseeing their work and their development to successfully execute client deliverables and exceed client’s expectations. The Paid Search Account Manager acts as a key point of contact for the Global Hub.
- Effectively manage your & your team’s designated search accounts, ensuring ongoing and timely optimisation is delivered by the team; proactively looking for both tactical and strategic optimisation opportunities and forecasting, whilst working with the AD to devise campaign strategy and translate this into campaign delivery.
- Take responsibility for wider client or team deliverables (such as performance commentary or weekly reporting) and guide more junior team members in how this can be effectively achieved.
- Ensure adherence to paid search channel best practices for clients, and contribute to the development of search best practice.
Client & Partner Management
- Develop strong relationships with the Global Hub, your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Has an expert knowledge of client and agency structures.
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans and builds rapport to become a trusted advisor.
- Has strong knowledge of the client sector/ industry which is shared to build strategies and plans. Identifies strategic issues and raises questions to help stakeholders explore and understand their wider business challenges.
- Motivational Manager leading by example while encouraging and coaching one or several juniors on the team, providing feedback and recognition for a job well done.
- Delegating and managing workloads across the junior members of the team and Global Hub where required, whilst supporting and educating planning teams on the benefits and purpose of paid search.
- Assisting with the recruitment process for the immediate and wider team when required. Attending interviews and acting as an ambassador for the team to potential candidates.
- Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies whilst identifying opportunities for process improvement, and providing recommendations.
- Takes ownership of issues when they arise and proactively suggests ways to resolve these and prevent them from happening in the future.
- Contributes to the development of strategic revenue and services opportunities.
- Paid Search expertise with current dated certifications, and excellent knowledge of bid management, core PPC technology platforms, data analysis, and understanding of the strategic and tactical application of paid search and digital marketing in general.
- Leads and promotes continuous innovation, and test & learn opportunities for the team and clients.
- Creates a positive climate to drive team performance whilst motivating others to strive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and countries.
*Please note that we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time. You must have the full right to work in the UK without need for sponsorship or a visa to work full-time by 17th April 2023*
GroupM Nexus Benefits:
- 25 Days Holiday (increasing to 30 in increments after third year of service by one day annually)
- Flexible Working Policy
- Flexible Public Holidays Policy
- Private Medical Insurance
- WPP Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Online career review and development tool
And many more!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!