Associate Director - Business Science
Systems Intelligence (Business Science)
Who we are?
MediaCom Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
Our System’s Intelligence team is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey.
An integral part of Systems Intelligence is our Business Science team which specialises in marketing analytics. At Business Science we are committed to building connections along clients’ business journey to ensure they can make the right decisions to optimise their business performance. We do this using a vast range of analytical techniques which are bespoke for each business question and client.
Our areas of expertise span market mix modelling, budget setting and allocation, forecasting, brand equity modelling, launch volumetric studies and conjoint to name but a few. Our primary focus is on getting insight out of data and analytics in order to provide recommendations for clients that are realistic, relevant and above all actionable. We are a team of 50+ experts, working across more than 25 clients in the UK and globally. We analyse over £600m of communications spend each year, covering 15% of UK media spend which means we are the leading experts in our field.
Business Science team is based in 3 locations in the UK: London, Manchester and Leeds.
Top 3 things about the Role
Delivering market leading marketing analytics for your clients, watching your insights and recommendations make a real difference to their business.
Developing and supporting junior talent to reach their potential.
Helping to grow department income, via strong relationships with clients, the planning team and via winning new business propositions.
Reporting to a Head of Business Science, the role of the Marketing Analytics Associate Director is responsible for the running a team of econometricians, overseeing and fronting the analytics projects across a number of clients. The Associate Director is the key client contact, understanding the business, building relationships and capitalising on opportunities to grow our analytics further.
- Line-manage a team of 3-6 direct reports with responsibility for their growth and development through regular feedback
- Deliver significant income annually with a large amount of complexity to the role
- Be the senior analytics sponsor, responsible for the overall client relationship and quality of work delivered
- Ensure junior team are completing data processing correctly and efficiently
- Challenge and stretch outputs of client analysis
- Take ultimate responsibility for integration with all MediaCom departments
- Co-lead commercial excellence across the department
- Contribute towards the department’s annual income growth targets
Skills & Experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Market Mix Modelling and other techniques within the media industry
- Experience working with clients from a variety of sectors
- Able to anticipate and manage the needs/demands of senior clients, by using influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Sound judgement with proven experience in delivering solutions and decisions that positively impact MediaCom or client businesses
- Solid knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Keen attention to detail with a questioning mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients
- Advanced Eviews or other statistical software user
- Strong commercial acumen
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com