Financial Operations Analyst
Financial Operations Analyst
Key role within the finance team and has a supporting profile within the agency. Responsibilities include the ongoing improvement in all aspects of business processes, including the review, implementation, and improvement of best practice for our clients. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to; weekly/monthly reporting of key analytical data across the business, supplier query resolution, point of contact for client teams (working with large retail and FMCG clients) and any queries they may have and the establishment and implementation of new ways of working.
This will be achieved by working with key stakeholders such as clients, client account teams, our commercial team and shared service centre to drive this forward.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Senior Client Finance Analyst SCFA
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Raising business awareness of financial importance and the ability to make a difference.
- Exposure to the wider business to include key stakeholders.
- Working within a tangible, results-based business, allowing individuals to identify their direct impact linked to progression.
What are the measures of success?
- Be an established member of the Client Finance Operations team and a NWC expert within the Agency, reducing aged unbilled and debt across your business unit.
- Assisted with overall process improvement initiatives within the agency, which impact working capital, such as buying best practise/training, billing process and collections strategy
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3/6 months?
- Developed a good understanding of all the key drivers of agency working capital and the ability to explain this to a non-financial person.
- Support/ownership of key project(s) to include active coordination with SCFA, driving overall business improvement.
- Have a full understanding of Business Unit clients and the way they work.
- A full understanding of aged unbilled/debtor queries, including the ownership of weekly reporting requirements.
- Strong emphasis on SZ and SF ledgers for yearend, reviewing tech/ad serving suppliers in particular.
- Support the SCFA in implementing documented finance best practise processes (i.e. media booking, billing, and query resolution) in place for all clients in top 10 agency billings plus to have led a workshop session to ensure full understanding.
- Support the SCFA in the implementation of new billing processes against high profile clients across the Business Unit structure and understanding the impact this has on NWC.
- Support the SCFA in supplier best practice processes, working closely with the shared service centre to reduce number of outstanding queries.
Established relationships with key client team contacts and create a regular method of reporting and escalation based on this.
What will you need?
- Industry experience and knowledge of media systems strongly desirable, minimum of one year's payable experience.
- Ability to prioritise and work towards multiple deadlines.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and confident to make decisions.
- The ability to communicate with numerous stakeholders including clients and senior members of staff.
- Attention to detail with an ability to solve problems.
- Basic NWC knowledge and strong analytical skills.
- Works productively in a highly pressurised environment.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Understand the importance of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to role and requirements.
- Confident attitude & good workshop/presentational delivery skills.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*