Overview of role
The senior receptionist will work with the head receptionist to ensure that MediaCom reception at both our sites - Theobalds Road and Red Lion Square provide a 5-star client experience to all including our employees, clients, and suppliers.
They will represent MediaCom to the highest standards and work in a safe manner in line with health and safety and security procedures so as not to endanger other employees or visitors.
Reporting of the role
To the Head Receptionist
3 best things about the job
- Working within a vibrant, inspiring agency with people who naturally encourage the best in you
- Having a role that is both rewarding and challenging at the same time
- Being the face of the company while working within a friendly and driven team
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Systems knowledge of our meeting room booking system Condeco, our visitor platform Proxyclick and our Arc Switchboard
- Worked effectively across all areas of Reception admin with minimal errors
- Been able to create and manage staff rota’s
- Presented behaviours that show you are a go to person within the reception team
In six months, you would have:
- Strong systems knowledge of the meeting room booking system Condeco, our visiting platform Proxyclick and our Arc Switchboard
- Made confident productive decisions, across Reception and the Customer Service area
- Been able to escalate issues appropriately
- Have successfully managed reception effectively in the absence of the Head Receptionist
- Helped create an environment of inclusion, diversity, and collaboration
- Have built collaborative relationships with the facilities team, team co-ordinators, our guests, and clients
In 12 months, you would have:
- Have assisted in the creation of an innovative and progressive Reception team
- To be seen the by the team and stakeholders as an integral part of the Facilities team
- Shown you are fully competent to step into the Head Receptionist with ease
- Been a supporter and facilitator of positive change
- Are an expert across all our reception systems
Responsibilities of the role
- To represent MediaCom to the highest standards and put their staff and clients at the heart of everything that you do
- To always be diplomatic
- To ensure that reception desks at Theobalds Rd and RLS are staffed and maintained to a high standard and that the desk areas are kept clear of debris with all paperwork filed away
- To arrive for work each day on time with a positive and collaborative attitude
- To monitor and prioritise in coming/outgoing traffic/ requests
- To support the Head Receptionist in ensuring we achieve excellence daily
- Adaptable to last minute rota changes and all hands-on deck when short staffed
- Be able to multitask and remain calm under a pressured environment
- To occasionally work overtime at short notice if we are short staffed
- To deputise for the Head Receptionist in their absence and set a good working example to the more junior reception staff
- To support, mentor and help the junior staff
- To consider, manage and prioritise requests via phone, email, face to face and respond in a timely manner, ensuring that your Admin skills are to a high standard
What you will need
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Multitasking skills
- Positive energy
- To be diplomatic
- An Interest in learning programmes and working in depth with them
- To have a passion for customer service
- Able to work within a team
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*