International - Global Investment Manager - Mars
Job Title: Global Investment Manager - Mars
Location: London, with travel (as required by the job)
Opening Date for Application: 05th July 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 02nd August 2019
Global Investment Management for Mars (90%)
In 2018, MediaCom consolidated the Mars business globally. We now plan and buy Mars media campaigns across nearly 60 markets. The role of the global Investment Management Team is:
- Track and monitor the media buying performance globally against agreed targets.
- Develop, review and optimise our team processes to ensure accurate and timely client reporting and support to local market trading teams.
- Prepare and review buying performance reports as well as ad hoc requests from the client. - Help manage and develop junior members of the team.
- Develop good working relationships with clients, auditors as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
2. Supporting New Business Pitches (10%)
Although new business support is not seen as an immediate focus for this role, each and every agency resource gets involved if necessary. From an Investment Manager’s perspective this will be particularly true in the case of a large consolidated regional or global procurement processes where a number of central ‘cost experts’ would need to be involved in the RFP. Resilience is the key quality required in such situations. The time allocation to new business is of course difficult to predict, but in any case should not reach too significant levels over the whole calendar year.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The candidate will need a good eye for organisational structures and procedures, as well as a very “handson” and proactive (self-starter) attitude. Working with a network of local operators on globally aligned businesses can often present big challenges in terms of collaboration and a certain degree of resilience and patience is therefore required. As this is a global role, excellent communication skills, appreciating cultural differences and ways of working are also expected. In addition:
1. The candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in a buying role in a media agency or alternatively at a media auditing firm.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of media buying metrics and KPIs across all media but especially TV and online video.
3. Process-driven with a keen eye for detail.
4. High level of numeracy and skilled at managing data and using Excel.
5. Ability to analyse data and convert into big picture learning.
6. Strong writing and presentation skills and experienced in PowerPoint.
About the Global Investment Management Team
This team has three core objectives:
Managing client media buying cost efficiency deliveries and incentive schemes across the MediaCom client portfolio; these can take the form of year-on-year media cost savings targets, targets vs. an auditor pool, vs. pricing commitments and/or quality targets.
Disseminating trading best practices within the network and supporting local trading operations in their roll-out. As the dedicated Global Investment team at MediaCom, we provide support to our network colleagues in other markets.
Leading the buying and pricing elements of international and multi-local pitches. We ensure that we are proposing advantageous and competitive rates.
People First, Better Results
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.