Business Analytics Media Planning Manager
The Role Objective
- Reporting to a Director, the role of the Business Analytics Manager is to be the analytics lead within the planning team, responsible for ensuring all available data and insight, and the tools provided by such, are being used to optimise marketing activity.
- The Manager’s primary concern should be to ensure that available analytics and our suite of analytics tools are a central part of our planning process
- The successful candidate will be involved in designing and managing their client’s measurement framework as well as using various analytical techniques and tools to help answer business critical questions around media choices, budget setting and portfolio management
- The role involves working closely with clients and all internal teams, thus it is imperative to have a good understanding of marketing strategy and business concerns for both clients and the agency
- The successful candidate will have reasonability for evolving our analytics approach in line with changing market conditions, shifts in client strategy and new methodologies as they become available.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Experience in marketing with a focus on analytics – role would be ideally suited for a very media savvy analyst or a very analytically focused planner
• Detailed media, marketing and measurement knowledge across all channels
• The ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
• Strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis clearly and simply
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, common econometrics packages and PowerPoint
- A creative problem-solving mentality focused on providing robust, pragmatic solutions to adhoc client questions
• Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
• Degree in Economics, Maths or Stats (2:1 or above)
• Knowledge of Eviews, Access, SPSS, VBA and R
• Experience within other analytical techniques e.g. conjoint, forecasting, budget optimisations
• Experience of analytics across a range of different sectors
- IPA Eff Test Certification
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk (to be updated)
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
About Business Science
Business Science is MediaCom’s marketing effectiveness team. We provide actionable solutions and accountability to support key business decisions and increase marketing effectiveness for our clients
Our services cover areas such as market mix modelling, budgeting setting / allocation and conjoint analysis
As a result of our success we are looking to expand further. We are currently a team of 45+ Econometricians and Statisticians base across four UK offices.