Data Science Account Director
Data Science Account Director
Overview of role
As a Data Science Account Director in Systems Technology, you will be leading the development of analytical and media optimisation models and tools. You will be responsible for taking briefs from MediaCom account teams and from clients and turning them into cutting edge projects and applications, as well as managing and mentoring junior Data Scientists, to allow them to deliver their best work.
Reporting of the role
You will report to the Director of Data Science and work within a team of 5 split between Leeds and London. This role may be placed in either of MediaCom’s Leeds or London offices.
3 best things about the job
1 You’ll be at the cutting edge of creating the most advanced analytics in the media industry.
2 You’ll be working in a close knit, friendly team who are there to support you at every stage of your career.
3 Continuous learning, autonomy & room for development with the best in the industry.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Understood Systems Technology’s existing tools and techniques and how we work with the wider agency.
In six months, you would have:
- Started to build your own contacts network, taken over leadership of 1-2 key projects and be considering new tools or analytical products that you could deliver
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started to deliver projects that you have conceived yourself, driving Systems Technology forwards
Responsibilities of the role
- Taking ownership of existing analytical products and tools
- Defining new analytical techniques that can be sold to MediaCom’s clients
- Specifying, pricing, and selling-in analytical products to MediaCom’s clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and line managing junior data scientists
What you will need
- Significant and relevant experience in a business analytics or data science role
- Experience presenting to senior business stakeholders
- A strong analytical toolkit, from regressions to machine learning, to segmentation
- Strong ability with the R language, including the Tidyverse, package development and ideally Shiny web applications
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Line management experience
- Experience with cloud computing, Python or Bigquery are an advantage
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*