MediaCom AV Investment Executive
Overview of role
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst MediaCom London has recently been named the Number 1 agency in the world in the 2018 Gunn 100 report
Reporting of the role
This role reports directly into the AV SPB on the account and to the AV Manager.
3 best things about the job
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- An extremely supportive and encouraging leadership team that puts their team’s development first
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built a strong working relationship with your AV counterparts. This will be key in a relationships-based industry such as ours
- Gained a good understanding of the fundamentals of AV channels
- Supported the AV team in day-to-day tasks such as sending Client Spot times
In six months, you would have:
- Helped manage campaign delivery and reporting alongside the account PB and SPB
- Started to demonstrate to the team that you can autonomously buy and manage a campaign
- Have an understanding of the basics of AV Planning and strategy
In 12 months, you would have:
- Buying your own campaigns and be involved in PCA’s and Client reporting
- Completed all requisite training before becoming an AV PB
- Been exposed to campaigns covering all elements of AV – TV, VoD, Audio and Cinema
Responsibilities of the role
You will work as part of a team to plan and buy AV campaigns for our clients. Every member of the team will need to have a very strong understanding of how video works, be an innovator, and have a willingness to learn.
Alongside our Buyers, the Executive will take part in the commercial exchange process and ensure the Comms Planning and Implementation teams are aware of market moves and commercial opportunities. The Executive must have strong negotiation skills and be able to fight for the very best airtime possible, along with operating as part of a wider team.
What you will need
- Attention to detail is key
- Organised and be able to prioritise tasks
- Drive and enthusiasm to work on huge clients
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Natural drive to make money
- Driven & committed
- Up for the challenge of helping shape the commercial product of MediaCom
- A real team player who has the ability to share their knowledge
- Willing to muck in and get your hands dirty
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*