Comms Strategy Associate Director
ROLE: MARS Pet Nutrition - Comms Strategy Associate Director
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles based in London at EssenceMediacom*
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Comms Planning Associate Director to join the Mars Europe team at EssenceMediacom
About the role/Team
This role on the Pet Nutrition segment in the Blueprint (BP) markets of UK, Germany, France and Poland. The core focus of this role is to develop central annual communication strategies & campaigns for each of our brands.
Objectives of the Role
The primary objective of this role is to develop central annual communication strategies & break through campaigns for each of our brands. The Associate Director works closely with different units in Mars, along with a wider agency team of creative partners, ecomm & search specialists in service of this.
In this role you would also be a champion for our Transformation journey for media at Mars.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
You will be responsible for leading the annual communications planning agenda for your brands along with managing the relationship with the Mars clients – regional marketing teams and their Pet Parent Connection CoE (Centre of Expertise)
- Shaping the annual brand communication strategy and media plans that influence, inspire and engage stakeholders behind your focus brands. This includes developing audience insight, communication frameworks and connections mapping
- Manage day-to-day requirements of clients and ensure excellent service level scores
- Support our data, deployment & execution teams in the successful implementation and evaluation of activities on your focus brands
- Deliver in ‘above brand’ workstreams for the benefit and use of the total portfolio
- Work alongside our global team and wider agency network on campaign development
- Create & shape our learning agenda for Pet Nutrition
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!