About the team
The Marketing and New Business team is integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast-paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
It is our responsibility to manage the new business process effectively, as well as to market MediaCom to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry, whilst also overseeing internal communications to MediaCom London employees. It is our role to promote MediaCom as the thought leader in the media industry through a distinct and/or differentiated point of view.
Objectives of the role
Oversee and optimize design operations based in London. Drive a strong and consistent creative culture by enforcing compliance of Design processes, setting and managing project timeline expectations, managing and growing department talent, expediting efficient project workflow, and promoting creative excellence.
- Work with stakeholders across the business with the marketing and new business team and with freelancers to develop design solutions for marketing projects and new business pitches
- Create concepts and communications that reflect MediaCom’s marketplace position and scale, and that sells the Company to some of the biggest brands in the world
- Art direct design projects to keep them on-concept and on-brand
- Be able to effectively visualize and create concepts into the end product, giving direction on imagery, typography, iconography, and navigation optimized for web
- Responsible for the quality of execution and quality of design from the MediaCom London design team
- Oversee, monitor and enforce all internal processes and workflows including (but not limited to) asset management, creative brief and review processes, resource management, maintaining and updating internal project schedules
- Work to the creative brief from Marketing and New Business team. Show understanding of the relevant client pitch or marketing project
- Attend and participate in all appropriate project and team meetings to stay abreast of statuses and proactively solve upcoming challenges and changes
- Create design project work schedules in-line with project or pitch timings. Monitor and drive adherence to milestone dates
- Routinely communicate with key project stakeholders driving transparency, clarity and understanding of Design processes and status
- Forecast, plan and manage all projects or pitches including freelancer requirements
- Directly manage all freelancers, providing briefing and design direction on assigned project or pitch
- Manage relationships, scheduling and productivity of external vendors. Co-ordinating with them to assure excellent quality and timely delivery of goods and services
- Demonstrate knowledge and a thirst to investigate, innovate and push MediaCom’s design work with an emphasis on digital / interactive design
- Become a brand ambassador for MediaCom. Understand and promote our company culture
- Manage and mentor the London based designers. Support their independence while at the same time helping them expand their boundaries
- Establish and lead the weekly London design team status meetings
- Foster a collaborative and cohesive creative team and environment
- Establish a strong professional relationship with our global design team and all other internal MediaCom design teams / designers and key stakeholders
- Establish strong professional relationship with key freelancers and vendors
Skills and behaviours
- Solid design proficiency with a critical eye for layout and composition as well as an understanding of brand standards
- Technically sound in all Adobe software programs, Microsoft programs and Apple programs
- Proactively communicate with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise direction
- Strong proactive conflict management skills
- Able to meet deadlines and influence others to meet deadlines without fail
- Experience working on tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable and current in print production and digital standards
- Self-directed and motivated
- Solution orientated problem solver
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Enjoys mentoring designers and is interested in cultivating strong leadership skills
- Can inspire and lead a team through multiple on-going projects and timelines
- Promote company culture and values through demeanour of professionalism, respect, teamwork and positive energy
- BA in Design or Arts preferred
- Relevant and Strong design experience
- Experience in managing a design team
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en