The Operations Specialist is a key role in campaign and process management. The role is responsible for delivering to KPIs such as campaign booking and reporting accuracy, monitoring campaign delivery in line with media plans, and the timely resolution of finance queries. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the execution of digital display campaigns, from booking to reconciliation
- Collaborating with our Tech Team to ensure plans are implemented efficiently and on time
- Be the primary point of contact for Media Owners during the campaign activation phase, troubleshooting tag issues if they arise
- Campaign Managing multiple active campaigns at one time
- Compiling weekly reports and ensuring all Media Owners are delivering to expectations
- Proactively managing financial queries to resolution
- Communicating campaign status to wider account team, escalating issues as needed
- Working collaboratively with Business Group counterparts to find solutions
- Support Ops Team workload balancing and junior team members’ learning
You will ideally have experience in trafficking digital campaigns through ad server technology and possess the ability to troubleshoot issues in the end-to-end digital campaign activation process – tagging through to reporting. You will need strong communication and organisational skills to coordinate the activation of campaigns across internal and external stakeholder groups – clients, suppliers, tech, buyers, and finance. Working well under pressure, offering support and training for junior team members. You will be an operational role model; championing and supporting operational best practice within the wider team to ensure accuracy from booking through to finance reconciliation every time.
Who does the role report into?
- You will report into an Operations manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Ownership of the Display activation from booking to billing across a high profile and dynamic client portfolio
- The team! Both the core team and the wider functions we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all functions
- The opportunity to learn and develop – every day and every campaign is different!
What will you need?
- Experience within an Operations or Account / Campaign Management function (ideally with knowledge of trafficking processes, including pixels and tags)
- Advanced use of Excel and capability to analyse complex data sets
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to train others
- Process-driven with solutions focused mind-set and a customer-centric attitude
- Good at problem solving, with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Team player who motivates others and encourages close collaboration
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines and a perfect attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Adept at organisation, multi-tasking, time management, and project management
- Able to utilise a confident communication style to manage stakeholder expectations
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.