Digital Account Director
Digital Account Director
Overview of role
This role is for a Digital Account Director within BG3 responsible for the digital planning and buying output for Richemont, Kenneth Green Associates and Indeed delivering best in class digital acceleration and bigger picture digital leadership for clients rapidly expanding their digital ambitions.
You will be combining your knowledge of digital media and exceptional implementational planning ability with client servicing skills and leadership of best practice ways of working to deliver and manage campaigns and motivate and grow the individuals in the Digital and Publishing planning team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Digital Senior Associate Director
3 best things about the job
- The team! You will work closely with a wider team of knowledgeable, supportive and passionate media experts on your patch of clients.
- You will have the autonomy to shape the digital growth plans for your clients.
- Using your expertise to lead and inspire your varied clients through the complex digital world and encourage a systems-thinking approach.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Become the go-to expert in digital for your patch of clients providing them with clear guidance on their stage in their digital journey.
- Established collaborative ways of working with your Comms Planning and Implementational colleagues.
- Become a vocal champion of clear process and best practise ways of working within the team.
- Engaged a support network of digital stakeholders within the group.
- Provided ongoing on-the-job training and support to upskill Publishing team members to fulfil the digital requirements of your clients.
- Established a test and learn roadmap for your clients to drive digital innovation.
Responsibilities of the role
- Leadership of each client’s navigation through the digital landscape
- Quality control of internal digital output
- Champion/author of best practice digital process
- Planning and campaign management of digital display campaigns
- Delivering measureable test and learn roadmaps and digital growth plans
- Build strong relationships with vendors to build opportunities with clear roles against client KPIs
- Delivery innovative solutions to challenges and barriers related to the lluxury client sector and the digital landscape
- Motive and grow the individuals working across digital in your team
What you will need
- Strong client management and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; to be able to manage your own time, keep stakeholders informed of your progress and seek out collaboration
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Creative thinking to challenge potential partners to keep coming up with great solutions
- To enjoy bringing to life ideas and inspiring clients to do something different
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions to get the best work out of partners
- Confident communicator – active participation in team meetings and delivery of recommendations with insight
- Data & content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*