Ad Ops Executive
Ad Ops Executive, Connected Execution
Overview of role
Working within the Connected Execution (our Global Digital Media hub) team you will help support and lead multi-client Ad Ops team. Our goal is to deliver best in class trafficking, tagging and technical to support client, local market and global teams.
The Connected Execution Ad Operations team ensures the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. Gaining an understanding of how these technologies fit together and their importance for digital advertising is an essential first step for any new starter in this industry, and this role can form the foundation of careers in ad-tech consulting or campaign management.
This team is responsible for delivering international solutions, working with markets across EMEA and global client accounts. You will be responsible for supporting internal client teams and clients in London and beyond with high volumes of campaign tasks and troubleshooting issues. Some of our key clients include Adidas, Mars, Sony, Shell, Uber and Bucherer.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to an Ad Operations Manager.
3 best things about the job
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is always innovating and changing
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Exciting global clients including Adidas, PlayStation and Shell
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Undertaken adserver training and helped manage trafficking tasks
- Understood our ad operations process
- Started to contribute to the workload of the team
- Learnt how to effectively use our task management tool
In six months, you would have:
- Confidence to tackle end-to-end trafficking tasks for a couple of key clients
- Taken on some trouble-shooting tasks
- Helped organise and prioritise the workload of the team
- Learnt how to proactively manage the queue and distribute tasks across the team
In 12 months, you would have:
- A thorough understanding of the campaign process from planning to tag delivery
- Worked closely with our Managers and Senior Analysts to broaden your adtech knowledge.
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of smaller clients and helped resolve their issues.
Responsibilities of the role
- Implementing ad campaigns in 3rd party ad-servers, such as Campaign Manager and Sizmek.
- Upholding the team’s best practices to allow for efficient and accurate media activation process.
- Ensure the correct integration of different ad tracking technologies required for monitoring the performance of ad formats (statics, video, GIFS, carousels, shopping etc.) including ensuring web/mobile analytics and other media tracking technologies are deployed effectively.
- Manage workload via a Wrike ticketing system; adhering to team processes, SLAs and stakeholder communication guidelines.
What you will need
Client Account Management
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively via email.
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical Skills
- Train and become skilled in using a variety of technologies suitable for our client requirements.
- Support the team members with workload management.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss possible solutions with the Analysts, Senior Analysts.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- Be precise and accurate when completing your work understanding the impact you will have on the clients results and reporting.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*