We are looking for a talented Research Manager to work within our quantitative research team. Real World Insight is a 15 strong, award-winning research and insight team within MediaCom. As a Research Manager, you will play a key part in our team, supporting senior staff, managing junior team members and working with planners and clients alike to ensure that their campaigns are grounded in a true understanding of people and what makes them tick.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to an Associate Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Variety – No two days are ever the same – you will be working across a range of different clients, categories and objectives. We encourage the use of innovative techniques and approaches, so you have a real opportunity to try something different and bring some new thinking to our work
2. Accountability – As Research Manager you are responsible for the smooth running and delivery of our research and insight output and for managing and developing junior team members
3. The people – MediaCom is a brilliant place to work, with a people first culture. You’ll get to work with smart people from across the agency and will be responsible for the development and careers of some very talented and ambitious researchers.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
• Gained an understanding of how the agency operates, how RWI’s work fits in and what role research and insight plays in this
• Supported the team in delivering insightful and impactful research that helps drive our clients’ business
In six months, you would have:
• Established yourself as a manager in the wider Real World Insight team
• Been responsible for running client projects
• Established relationships with planners, key agency stakeholders, clients and suppliers
• Developed an understanding of our suite of syndicated and bespoke tools
In 12 months, you would have:
• Helped with identifying and supporting the wider team on delivering an industry-leading thought leadership project
Responsibilities of the role:
• To work closely with and support the wider team on projects from working with planners to identify opportunities and writing proposals, to presenting to clients
• Running projects, ensuring they are run to timescale and budget, and working with clients and supplier partners
• Develop a holistic understanding of MediaCom’s suite of syndicated and bespoke tools
• Developing relationships with suppliers, planners and clients
• Line management of junior team members
What you will need:
• Have an excellent working knowledge of quantitative research methods, with the ability to lead projects from start to finish
• Excellent communication and story-telling skills – able to present complex ideas in a clear and engaging way
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent analysis skills with a focus on actionable insights
• The ability to spot opportunities for research and develop client relationships
• Experience in managing people would be beneficial
• Some experience of working with social and behavioural data
• Some knowledge of qualitative research and how qual and quant research work together
• Whilst direct experience of media and comms research is not necessary, a passion for media, communications and brands is a must
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, The Army, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Media Week’s Media Agency of the Year 2018
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en