Global Pitch Strategy Director
GLOBAL PITCH STRATEGY DIRECTOR
New Business is the heart of MediaCom & this role is integral to the growth of our business globally. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and dynamic, and offers the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom worldwide. This role sits at the heart of our global business development efforts, driving winning pitch stories, fuelling prospecting efforts, and influencing the agency direction as an output of what we see happening in pitches.
The ideal candidate is hungry, brave and focused and able to collaborate proactively with our most senior leaders in the organisation and drive the best possible outcome on every pitch.
Behavioural traits: Brave. Focused. Resourceful. Creative in thinking. Collaborative. Calm. Quick.
Be the driving force on PITCHES
Establish & Own the narrative and approach to global pitches & game changing regional pitches; being the strategic leader, developing how we will win, the overall narrative with differentiating provocations, working with & inspiring the team around you to create winning pitches
Push the ceiling on PRODUCT
Find & scale the best products and own the feedback loop into the organisation on what landed well in pitches; collaborate and seek the best from across WPP, GM & MediaCom to drive winning pitches & support the development of the narratives of these products.
Create a feedback loop to define and scope gaps in our product offering that will excite prospects and push the ceiling
Push on PROSPECTING
Create points of view and provocations to fuel our prospecting strategy and develop new and interesting ways to go to prospects across a variety of categories. Design the next level approach for next level clients.
Train, inspire & positively influence PEOPLE
Be at the heart of training the next 100 global superstars along with the rest of the global Business Development team; developing training modules & elevating our Global Connected Pitching platform.
Proactively share and push the thinking of our senior leaders to focus on what it takes to win in the future.
Required Skills and Experience
- Gravitas and credibility to command a room and influence key senior stakeholders such as global CEO & COO
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills combined with curiosity to elevate the work and ensure Best in Class delivery in every pitch
- Excellent operational discipline to deliver quality work on time and in collaboration with the wider team
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and have quick problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and get people excited to go on the journey
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to anticipate project needs and discern work priorities
- Positive attitude, a calm head and provide direction, especially during challenging circumstances
- Passion and drive for providing an exceptional product and experiences
- Driven and competitive with a collaborative and compassionate approach
When it is a possibility again; this role will involve regular travel worldwide and candidates should therefore expect to travel as part of this role. Priority markets are the US and China.
Marketing & Media experience is a must as well as strong experience in a non- agency role.