Associate Director, Business Analysis
Associate Director, Business Analysis
As Creative Systems we help clients See The Bigger Picture by bringing media and creative together to drive brand relevance and accelerate growth.
We do this by developing the most potent ideas to drive cultural relevance (from Influencer Marketing to Branded Entertainment), the most integrated, addressable ideas to drive personal relevance (through our Addressable Creative and Creative Analytics offering) and the most authoritative ideas to drive platform relevance (via our SEO and Social products)
Underpinning all of this – and a key point of difference for us in the market - must be robust data to support decision making and validate success.
This is where the role of the Associate Director of Business Analysis comes in. This role will be responsible for raising the bar in Creative Systems when it comes to how data and insight are used in all areas of decision making. This will include ensuring all available data is being interrogated and correctly applied in order to inform best practice for insight generation, justifications behind recommendations, campaign measurement etc. All ultimately driving business growth for our clients. We are looking for someone to set the roadmap of what this journey should look like for Creative Systems and then deliver on it.
The role will integrate closely and form a strong link with our Systems Intelligence team. Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within all media planning. The successful candidate will therefore also be a member of the Systems Intelligence community. This will provide access to a broad network of data specialisms and training, as well as community of other Business Analysts embedded into other teams within MediaCom.
This is an exciting new role as it will have a sole focus on supporting the transformational creative capabilities within Creative Systems and offer a unique opportunity to prove the accountability story for growing parts of the marketing ecosystem – addressable creative, influencer marketing, brand partnerships etc.
Who does the role report into?
You will directly report into the UK Head of Creative systems and have a dotted line into the UK Head of Business Analysis.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- This is a new role, looking to answer new questions and as such is a great opportunity to deign your own roadmap. You’ll be answering our key creative challenges around driving efficiency and effective addressable media planning and activation, completely agnostic of methodology, technology or data source.
- You will be part of a Creative Team driven by an appetite to deliver transformational award-winning work for our clients and also be part of a team of experienced & curious marketing analysts with a drive to come up with new ways of solving our client’s problems.
- You will be working across our full client roster so will have an opportunity to work with some of the biggest and best brands in the world.
What are the measures of success?
- You will be an established member of our team, sharing insight and best practice across the agency
- You will help design clear and detailed measurement frameworks for our clients
- You will help to answer client business challenges through the tools and techniques available
- You will champion test and learn for our clients, ensuring there is rigour and detail behind all tests being run
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established relationships with key specialism heads in Creative systems and understand their key challenges.
- Understand the tools and that we have available at MediaCom and be a proficient user of these tools
- Designed a roadmap of priorities for the role, in terms of what methodologies, research, benchmarks etc. are the biggest requirements for the role
- Build relationships across key planning teams which require ongoing analytical support
- Understood current test and learn that is happening on key clients and how we need to evolve this
What will you need?
- 6+ years’ experience in marketing with a focus on analytics – role would be ideally suited for a very media savvy analyst or a very analytically focused planner
- Media and marketing knowledge across all channels
- The ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Keen interest in innovative analytical techniques
- Strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis clearly and simply
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, common econometrics packages and PowerPoint
- Ambitious, determined, creative and self-motivated
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*