Planner - Sky
Media Planner – Sky & Now BB
We are looking for an energetic and confident Media Planner to join the Sky BB Comms Planning team at MediaCom. Having recently retained Sky, and added more scope to our relationship, we are moving into exciting times!
Working within the Broadband team, this role requires delivery of effective and accurate support to the team in a thriving and fast paced environment. You should have inquisitiveness and enthusiasm for helping to build innovative, integrated and measurable strategies for both brand and trading campaigns.
The three best things about the job:
- The work: Every brief is different. We have huge budgets and a desire to drive change which allows us the opportunity to deliver effective and innovative planning solutions. In the past year we have established partnerships with some of the UK’s biggest media owners, launched the new Now BB proposition above the line, made a huge step change in our approach to audience planning and there are big things in the pipeline for 2020!
- The agency: as the biggest team in the agency, working on the Sky team means you will work with multiple departments within MediaCom and gives you exposure to & support from senior stakeholders. The role offers opportunities to learn from some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry working in a senior and talented team. Outside of your Sky role there are always opportunities to get involved in other projects (planning department projects, new business pitches, stretch sessions etc). All of which provides an incredible opportunity to progress within the UK’s largest agency.
- The client: we pride ourselves on our excellent client relationships & this role will give you access to a wide range of knowledgeable and senior clients in the media & marketing teams. The work is incredibly varied which means there are constant opportunities to hone your presentation, strategic planning, data analytics & client management skills. As well as working with our key client contacts we liaise with many different departments within Sky as well as other external agencies to deliver on briefs. It’s big, sociable, fast & fun.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Leaned the basics of the Sky account and inner workings of the team providing support to the Manager and AD
- Built a solid understanding of the Sky/Now Broadband business and started to form relationship with the client
In six months, you would have:
- Developed great relationships with the Implementational team at MediaCom
- Established yourself as a go-to for clients on day-to-day detail of campaigns
- Helped develop comms plans for both brand and trading Broadband campaigns
- Become the team expert in the Broadband category, keeping abreast of competitor campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Mastered financial management of the Sky/Now Broadband account
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ability to build and maintain agency, client and media owner relationships and represent the agency professionally. Demonstrate knowledge of your client’s industry sector and their competitors. Be someone the client values and want on their business
- Has high level of enthusiasm, cares about the business and wants to make a difference
- Best in Class Planning. You will work with your Manager and AD to produce forward thinking strategy, rationales and media plans
- Has a full understanding of channels and their strengths and weaknesses to create clear rationales for channel use
- Uses proprietary planning and research tools to collect, interpret, and format information relating to client’s business, brand, consumers, and competitive marketplace
- Can create a good, thought through decks with support from colleague
- Contributes fully to the work of the team in servicing its clients. Ensures all client requirements are met and surpassed, executing requests in a timely, professional, and efficient manner
- Carries out all client related administrative tasks with care, efficiency, and thoroughness. Strength in collecting, interpreting and formatting information about the client’s business and brands, consumers, and the competitive marketplace
- Effectively prioritises tasks
- Smart Briefing. Contribute to writing clear and inspiring briefs for media specialists, ensuring every brief has measurement and data-driven insight from the start
What you will need:
- A passion for Comms Planning and the world of media
- Have a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g. AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- A background working on performance/response focused clients is desirable
- A can-do attitude and a keen eye for detail
- Confidence with numbers and strong Microsoft Excel skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.