Business Intelligence Product Manager
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
The Role Objective
• Manage the entire lifecycle of BI projects, from setting up client specific instance, creating bespoke data visualisations, to leverage existing self-service dashboard offerings.
• Work with database developers to determine and create data models that cater for client data visualisation requirements, and extract data from a wide variety of sources and stores (from fully automated cloud repositories to the humble spreadsheet)
• Create and manage delivery of visualisations across multiple BI tools (including Power BI, Tableau, bespoke in-house and 3rd party licensed ‘white labelled’ software, etc.)
• Understand and analyse client brief and requirements, manage scope of work accordingly and generate tasks list for development teams.
• Provide on-going client service, answer enquiries, train end users and be a specialist point of contact for internal and external user groups.
• Maintain ongoing report deliveries through the visualisation tools, including implementing change requests and escalating issues to technical teams and project stakeholders.
• Be a first line point of contact for bugs and issues, log them in a tracking tool and manage incident resolution workflow.
• Manage and develop an ongoing program of ‘surgery’ sessions on visualisation tools to promote adoption and best practice within the MediaCom Global Client teams.
• Manage internal stakeholders briefs and support new business, through the setup of sandbox sites for presentation of our services and capabilities.
• Work with the Project Director and Global Development and Tech teams (located in Ann Arbor, Guangzhou, London) to establish and champion best practice for all elements of BI tools development, implementation and maintenance.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent understanding of Excel, including Power Pivot
• Excellent understanding of Digital advertising and data.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
• Relevant experience of software product development and management
• Understanding of the concept of formal Project Management methodology
• Strong skills in Tableau and/or Power BI
• Knowledge of ETL protocols and tools
• Experience of having used Data Analysis Xpressions
• Experience of SQL (queries of data, connecting to tables, etc.)
• Experience of working in a technical service offering/ITIL support environment