Lead Consultant - Business Analytics
Lead Consultant, Business Analytics
Overview of role
We’re looking for a Lead Consultant to join the Sky Group business unit as part of the ‘Systems Intelligence’ team in London. The role of the Lead Consultant is to be the analysis lead within our planning teams, responsible for ensuring all available data, insight, and analytic tools are being used to optimise marketing activity.
This is an exciting new development as previously our business analysis’ have all been in a central team focusing on individual large projects, whereas this new role will be completely embedded in a client team with a more focused remit.
Within this role you will be working on Sky, which is one of the largest advertisers in the UK, with a core focus on their TV product. This encompasses both brand and performance marketing and is the client’s number one business priority with commensurate budgets. With the launch of high-profile new streaming competitors to market alongside revamped products from more traditional pay TV providers, there has never been a more exciting time to work in this category.
You will be a key part of an integrated comms planning and digital team. As a broader Business Unit everybody works on either Sky or Now TV, so there is a very supportive and sociable culture. We’re looking for people who share our core values of enthusiasm, curiosity and an all-in mindset!
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Data and Tech Strategist for the Sky Business group as well as being part of the wider Systems Intelligence community across Mediacom.
3 best things about the job
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious agency team of +100 experts with a range of backgrounds, skill sets and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll do industry leading work, helping Sky see the bigger picture across multiple categories to make a and make their ambition to make ‘data powered decisions’ a reality.
- Your development – being in such a high-profile team and exciting future-facing data and analytics division will support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from a multi-disciplinary set of experts along with the most senior members of the agency, whilst working on high profile campaigns.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Responsible for capturing insights that provide a holistic view from performance of creative, media, audience, categories, or competitors.
- Manage the Test and Learn agenda across the Sky portfolio
- Build upon knowledge on how to achieve marketing effectiveness across multiple and singular marketing channels
In six months, you would have:
- Ensuring a clear view of KPIs and campaign success, driven by a consistent measurement framework and methodologies across the teams.
- Lead insight across client presentations being the key educator to other creating the data driven culture on the account.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Created a step change in the use of automation, analytics, and measurement to deliver insights across the Sky business to inform future planning.
- Become a leading figure within the Sky team building a vision of how a business analysis manager achieves change in the industry.
- Built a close working relationship with the with MediaCom strategists, planners, and digital experts on the Sky account.
- Grow other key relationships across the Systems Intelligence community, Business Science and Real World Insight teams contributing to the industry leading digital agenda at Mediacom.
Responsibilities of the role
- Strategy/Planning: Accelerate Sky’s use of insight across planning and execution to inform media briefs.
- Evaluation: Evaluate Sky’s media performance through the Test and Learn agenda which delivers actionable insight.
- Team: Manage a member of your team helping them grow their career at Mediacom.
- Operational Excellence: The role involves a high degree of operational coordination across multiple teams from Mediacom such as comms planning, digital implementation, and AV investment.
- Communicational Excellence: A highly effective communicator able to confidently present findings back to clients unpacking complex problems.
- Measurement: Ensuring a clear view of KPIs driven by maintaining a consistent measurement framework and methodologies across multiple teams.
- Thought leadership: The brainpower to problem solve your biggest challenges across brand and direct response campaigns working closely with other team members to produce agency leading work.
What you will need
• Experienced marketer with a focus on measurement – role would be ideally suited for a very media savvy analyst or a very analytically focused planner
• Detailed media, marketing and measurement knowledge across all channels
• The ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
• Strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis clearly and simply
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, common econometrics packages and PowerPoint
• A creative problem-solving mentality focused on providing robust, pragmatic solutions to adhoc client questions
• Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*