Global Data Analyst (PlayStation)
PlayStation@MediaCom is one of the largest and most successful teams in the GroupM network.
There are over 280 people working on the account in 50+ countries across Americas & EMEA.
2018 was the most successful year ever in PlayStation’s history thanks to the launch of many hardware, software and services product offers.
This role caters to the enormous future growth potential we’re seeing in the PlayStation business.
As well as supporting many of their owned properties, PlayStation also partner with some of the world’s biggest gaming & entertainment brands such as Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty and FIFA.
This is a huge opportunity to work on a very fast moving & exciting client with a real desire to deliver transformational advertising strategies & idea solutions, as well as best in class execution.
The Global Data Analyst will play a significant role in helping to support the PlayStation global client management team in the coordination and delivery of global and regional reporting and co-ordinating related projects. The remit is expected to be varied but will be initially a support and co-ordination focused data role leading to elements of account management and exposure to wider strategies and planning. We’re looking for an individual who has a passion and excellence in data analysis but equally has the ability to account manage client relationships and comfortable with external contact.
- Ensure that data, including media metrics and revenue, is accurately collected for the use in global and regional reports, taking ownership of more complex or high-profile reports.
- Participate in and deliver PCA reports as requested. Collecting data from network teams, processing and analysis of data identifying performance highlights and key insights from data.
- Collect investment data from the Network (Local Markets) into central reporting tools and producing reports on monthly basis for global client team.
- Manage and maintain the data collection and reporting functionality of a Briefing Tracker for local markets. Generating a Quarterly and Annual report on briefing data collected.
- Assist in the automation of reports and enhanced methods of presenting data/report findings to the client as relevant i.e. scorecards/dashboards etc
- Producing ad hoc reporting for the Global PlayStation Client when required.
- Manage the relationship between local markets and the PlayStation client for data related quires and request.
- Contribute towards the definition, implementation and effectiveness of data integrity methodologies and processes across the team including but not limited to quality assurance initiatives for all client facing data.
- Support the effective implementation and knowledge sharing of all quality assurance initiatives across the broader team, as appropriate
- Ensure that all ‘owned’ processes are comprehensively documented for all key operational areas.
- Optimise and update reporting processes and tools as required to stay current and efficient and deliver higher operational performance and greater client satisfaction.
- Assist in the rollout and implementation of new processes to stakeholders as necessary
- Support the wider team in initiatives to optimise current and new reporting and tools.
- Assist in the process of identifying and implementing appropriate new analyses, studies, etc. using our existing data to inform and enhance existing and future digital campaigns, and/or identify new data sources which would enhance insight and strategy.
KNOWLEDGE & CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- Ensure relevant business knowledge is deployed, shared and retained within the team and shared across the wider function where relevant.
- Act as business adviser to the internal team clarifying reporting/data requirements and requests to ensure accurate and meaningful reports and insights are provided which are directly linked to agreed campaign KPI’s.
- Maintain a sustainable positive relationship with key stakeholders and maintain contact as appropriate and expected
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a data/analytics centric role preferably in a media agency
- Advanced Excel skill
- Knowledge of Media Booking & Planning systems would be desirable
- At least intermediate level Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of Adobe/Google Analytics is desirable
- Knowledge of research and insight tools such as TGI is desirable
- Technical aptitude and interest
- Enthusiastic communicator who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active, inquisitive, with good attention to detail and an ability to interrogate data
- A team player who is eager to learn more about the media industry
Key Performance Indicators:
- Positive central account and local market feedback
- Delivery of accurate and timely data and reports