MediaCom Manchester Investment Team are recruiting for Spring 2019!
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Positioned as the Content and Connections agency we are part of the largest network of communication systems thinkers in the world.
In 2019 we will be recruiting for roles from Assistant, Account Executive and Senior Account executive levels in our Media Investment teams, across offline and online channels.
We’re getting a head start, as 2019 is just around the corner and would love to start having conversations with people over the next few months ready for early next year, start dates are completely flexible so please get in touch if you’d like to find out a little more.
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life, and personal welfare.
Flexible working is a part of our culture and MediaCom North are proud to be an inclusive employer that can (and will!) offer flexibility in employment from the first day you join us as a member of our team. We recognise that our people want a lifestyle balance that truly reflects and accommodates the many demands of the modern-day world. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss options with anyone interested in becoming a ‘MediaCommer’ as we already have several initiatives in place with options incorporating flexibility from both an hours and location perspective.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
The Account Executive Role
As an Account Executive within our Media Investment team, your main goals will be to support the team across a range of tasks to ensure client briefs are planned and activated to the highest standard. You’re range of responsibilities will vary between competitive analysis, research requests, monitoring of campaign delivery, performance, and optimisation. This role is great for someone who is keen to learn and develop media knowledge across both on and offline channels.
Your financial and reporting responsibilities will be just as important as your analytical way of thinking. As an Account executive you will understand the importance of handling billing, accurate administration, and the reconciliation of digital campaigns but you will also be able to deliver reporting which shows insight into any potential trends and think strategically and creatively about briefs whilst identifying new media opportunities to test within campaigns.
As we grow you through our 360-open door training and development programme, you will be encouraged to take part in all relevant CPD you have access to. You will progress by getting increased ownership of planning and buying media campaigns whilst delivering against our client’s objectives and attending client and media owner meetings to develop your communication skills and greater knowledge of development across the evolving media landscape.
You will have:
- Media Buying/Investment and Activation experience from an agency, inhouse or media owner background.
- A clear understanding of different media channels, their role in communications and increasingly how they are becoming more connected
- Demonstrate an active interest in your client’s business, marketplace, and consumers.
- A high degree of numeracy with strong analytical skills
- Openness to share mistakes, problems, or issues with line manager to learn and improve
- Enthusiasm and passion about what we do
- Be curious and interested – don’t be afraid to ask
- Diligence in delivering against pre-agreed timescales and strong attention to detail
- Strong, concise written and oral communication;
- Listening skills – how to take a brief, ask open ended questions, take account of client concerns
- To be able to communicate verbally in an effective way with other members of the team