Paid Social Planner/Buyer
Overview of job
We are looking for a Display & Paid Social Planner Buyer to join the Sky digital team.
A Digital Planner Buyer is responsible for the day to day running of campaigns, working closely with the Digital Manager & Senior Planner Buyer to ensure that we are delivering to the high standards we set. It requires strong digital understanding of both Display and Paid Social as well as how these work together as part of a holistic digital plan. Digital Planners are specialists in their own media (digital) but have a desire to build out their knowledge and connect with other media.
You will be working across the Sky Brand & Customer team on Sky Cinema and Sky Loyalty which is a combination of brand and acquisition-based campaigns. We are looking for someone with a knowledge of paid social and programmatic planning and buying as this role will require ownership of the activation of both. You will be challenged on best practice as well as how to further push the boundaries of paid social, programmatic and Sky’s DMP.
Your day to day responsibilities will focus around end to end running of campaigns; from the planning, to the set-up, the execution, reporting and finances, and you will be expected to manage and balance your priorities.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Manager / Senior Planner Buyer
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity and budgets to create brilliant, industry leading digital work
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at Sky
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Be fully up to speed on processes, systems, and ways of working
- Owned the reporting and campaign execution (trafficking and booking) of your product area
- Taken the lead on any finance or audit related tasks in your product area
In six months, you would have:
· Executed existing and planned new campaigns
· Become the Clients go to for campaign related queries
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered improvements in our ways of planning/buying, proactively identifying opportunities
- Educated the wider digital team to ensure best in class planning
Responsibilities of the role:
In this role, the Planner Buyer will be the first point of escalation within the team and will monitor and flag challenges that could negatively impact KPIs. The Planner Buyer will own the end to end planning of all campaigns in their product area:
This includes -
- Delivery of Weekly reporting with actionable insights
- Lead the planning and activation of key sky products
- End to end campaign management from briefing through to post campaign reporting
- Error-free bookings and timely reconciliation on finance systems
- Bookings completed and campaigns live to deadline
- Training new and existing team members – upskilling in problem solving, technical knowledge, accuracy, finance rigour and account team communication
- Encourages best practice workflow across wider team
- Finance queries addressed and resolved to SLA
What you will need:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience
- Excellent track-record of achievement (academic, commercial, personal)
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skillset
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set
- Proven ability to manage workload in a highly pressured environment
- Cross-team collaboration with the ability to build strong relationships – internally and externally
- Proven knowledge of the planning and buying process; including deconstructing a brief, managing client expectations, establishing campaign kpis and execution.
- Process-driven with the ability to monitor existing workflows
- Ability to champion planning best practice across the wider team
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Competent in Excel and data analysis
- Aptitude to learn new systems, tools and processes
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en