Econometrics Manager - Systems Intelligence (Business Science)
Systems Intelligence (Business Science)
Who we are?
MediaCom Systems Intelligence houses all of the data, effectiveness, insight and technology specialists within MediaCom. The team has one purpose – to ensure the best use of data within media planning.
Our System’s Intelligence team is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation. This unit also empowers & guides the wider MediaCom network on their own transformative data journey.
An integral part of Systems Intelligence is our Business Science team which specialises in marketing analytics. At Business Science we are committed to building connections along clients’ business journey to ensure they can make the right decisions to optimise their business performance. We do this using a vast range of analytical techniques which are bespoke for each business question and client.
Our areas of expertise span market mix modelling, budget setting and allocation, forecasting, brand equity modelling, launch volumetric studies and conjoint to name but a few. Our primary focus is on getting insight out of data and analytics in order to provide recommendations for clients that are realistic, relevant and above all actionable. We are a team of 50+ experts, working across more than 25 clients in the UK and globally. We analyse over £600m of communications spend each year, covering 15% of UK media spend which means we are the leading experts in our field.
Business Science team is based in 3 locations in the UK: London, Manchester and Leeds.
Top 3 things about the Role
Working closely with internal colleagues and clients to provide actionable insights that make a real difference
Seeing direct reports develop and grow with your support
Continuous learning and development with the best in the industry
Managers are key members of the Business Science team, responsible for the day to day running of client projects and provide support for junior staff and direct reports. You are responsible for everything from taking the original brief to delivering the key insights from the analytics. It requires a combination of leadership, communication skills, media expertise and technical rigour.
- Work with a Project Coordinator to oversee all aspects of a project
- Oversee and ensure technical excellence within the team
- Understand marketing strategy and business issues across clients
- Ensure internal teams are fully aware and trained on Business Science work and abilities
- Show ability to identify and deal with client issues before they get out of hand
- Identify and suggest ways to grow projects/Business Science income
- Be aware of project profitability
- Ability to delegate up and down, co-ordinating between groups and disciplines
- Take responsibility for the development of junior team members, with support of D/AD
- Forge strong client relationships and ensure our work gets in front of the right stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Degree or degree-level understanding of Economics, Maths, Stats, Sciences or another numerical subject
- Experience managing analytics projects preferably of time series econometrics in the media or marketing industry - Market Mix Modelling knowledge is a must
- Detailed media and marketing knowledge
- The ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Strong client facing skills, with the ability to explain complex analysis clearly
- Experience managing a team of analysts
- Excellent knowledge of common econometric/statistical packages, Excel, PowerPoint, R or other programming language
- Experience of other analytical techniques
- Experience of analytic projects across a range of sectors
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com