International - Digital Planner - NBCUniversal
International Digital Planner
Department / Team
MediaCom Worldwide - NBCUniversal
International Digital Manager
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for an International Digital Planner to work in the NBC Universal International team with focus on the Home Entertainment division. They will be responsible for planning, buying and optimising pan-regional digital & social media campaigns, therefore the candidate should have experience in the processes and understand the best practices for the creation, technical set-up and execution of digital campaigns.
MediaCom have worked with NBCUniversal for many years and have continued to grow and evolve our relationship with this client starting with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment over 20 years ago. The client is split across a number of business operations - Universal Theatrical (Cinema), Home Entertainment (Blu-Ray & DVD), New Media (Digital Movie Downloads & Rentals), Content Group (Blu-Ray & DVD), TV Networks (E!, SyFy & Universal Channel) & Hayu (subscription VOD service).
The International Digital planner will work as part of the NBCUniversal team working specifically on Universal’s Home Entertainment & Content Group divisions. This is a really exciting client to work for and this role in particular deals with some amazing new film releases along with some of the most high-profile content they develop.
- Manage the central planning, buying & execution of digital campaigns across multiple territories.
- Ownership of all social campaign setup, creative management, quality checks & activation - be the key day to day contact for all campaign performance & optimisation.
- Define audience targeting & plan campaign budgets across 18+ international markets making recommendations on weighting based on consumer insight & previous campaign learnings.
- Deliver regular detailed reports on the performance of campaigns, be able to identify insights from large data sets & provide recommendations to ensure the positive evolution of campaign performance is incorporated into new plans.
- Assist in the identification of relevant publishers & platforms - with the use of ComScore, TGI.net & other research products.
- Respond to all requests, project briefs with speed, accuracy and enthusiasm within the agreed deadlines.
- Attend client meetings on a weekly basis for briefing & to develop client management and presentation skills.
- Keep up to date with developments in the digital/social media landscape for applications on Universal Pictures’ business & identify new opportunities for trailer & content breaking.
- Deliver efficiencies through the prioritisation of tasks and adoption of tools and processes.
- Ensure financial accuracy through the planning and buying process and reconciliation of spends.
- Management of the weekly media status tracking sheet with media plan details.
- Own key reports including PCAs, competitive analysis and annual global campaign spend roll ups.
Research & Insight
- Compile research and insights for communications strategy on forthcoming campaigns.
- Gain a strong understanding and level of expertise with the full range of media research tools to identify audience opportunities.
- Distribute updates/reports to the wider team and client on media developments and emerging technologies.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Proven experience working in Online/Digital advertising preferably on a multi-market basis
- Thorough understanding of the digital channel mix and how it works together
- Strong computer skills – especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and an ability to interrogate data
- Experienced using Facebook Ads Manager & Google AdWords to run social campaigns is a plus
- Knowledge of media insight tools such as TGI, ComScore, Hitwise
- Confident and professional with strong communications skills
- Organised, pro-active and inquisitive – with a passion to learn
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
The MediaCom network comprises 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands as clients, including P&G, DLG, Coca-Cola and the Volkswagen Group.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of their work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients.
Working for MediaCom, you will benefit from our ‘People First Development Programme’, and every employee attends our creativity training - “Upping Your Elvis”, which focusses on new methods of idea generation, problem solving and ensuring productivity in creative sessions.
We have our very own on-site bar, an events programme including BBQs and drinks on the rooftop terrace, sports and social clubs, a range of staff discounts and on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Want to know more? Follow us on twitter @MediaComUK and find out more about our award-winning work here: http://www.mediacom.co.uk/en/results.aspx