EMEA Business Director
EMEA Client Business Director
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Want to help grow a dynamic, global advertiser at the intersection of digital and data? Interested in working for a client rapidly expanding across categories with services benefitting all consumers? Keen to be part of a regional team that delivers next generation communications solutions? We’d love to talk to you for a role!
Media Futures Group (MFG) is a bespoke team within GroupM, made up of best in class digital, offline, and integrated media experts who work together to enhance media’s contribution to Google’s business. MFG is powered by Essence, Mediacom and other constituent parts of GroupM around the world.
MFG is committed to the growth of our people as a means to unleash the potential of our client’s business. We are invested in whole-person wellbeing, values and behaviours that reflect our mission and purpose, and providing the tools and systems needed to do the best work of your career.
The convergence of expertise and excellence that our teams bring together makes MFG the most progressive and exciting team in advertising and media, globally.
About the role
The EMEA Client Services team is responsible for creating the conditions by which our clients love our work. We do this by building trust and exerting influence through deeper, more strategic relationships with our clients, and by driving, leading and owning the campaign delivery process.
We are looking for a sharp, strategic, driven and highly experienced person to take on a leading role as one of our EMEA Client Directors leading specific product relationships from London, UK for one of our key clients.
You will be working with a team of experienced digital marketing professionals, working closely with senior clients to define strategy, plan media and execute high-performing brand and direct response campaigns across a range of products. You will be responsible for translating client requirements into solutions, owning the client relationship, work quality and end-to-end client experience.
Our matrix structure will require you to work across our practice teams and existing client teams to bring together the best of MediaCom, Essence, GroupM as part of MediaFuturesGroup in the unique context of product marketing challenges .
Our relationships with these key clients is focused specifically on digital, however the role will involve working on multi-channel campaigns with partner agencies, and marketing strategy will include online and offline elements.
We are looking for intelligent people who can passionately ensure outstanding delivery to our clients, build our profile and create new opportunities. As a Client Director you will also be playing a role in our client leadership team, helping to shape the way we operate to best serve our clients, as well as supporting on wider business initiatives.
The role requires collaboration with many stakeholders across many levels, in a highly matrixed organization. In this capacity the successful candidate must be able to manage and balance many projects across regional and local clients, as well as internal teams. The ideal candidate has the ability to build strong relationships and win trust internally and externally. Google is a fast-moving client account and the person in this role must be able to work in an ever-changing, dynamic environment with a passionate, agile mindset.
- Our clients are typically strategic, smart, results driven and commercial – you’ll need to be the same. You will become a trusted advisor to those clients, both advising and influencing strategy and challenging them when required.
- Drive revenue across our key client account and support business growth initiatives.
- Own the definition of best-in-class campaigns and ensure our work meets and exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Maximise client satisfaction and employee happiness whilst maintaining profitability.
- Oversee the delivery of brilliant people processes that enable exceptional personal development for our people and make them feel valued.
- Mentor/coach others in becoming ‘trusted advisors’ for their clients, helping them take responsibility for client satisfaction in parallel to revenue generation and profitability.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Extensive digital experience across all channels, including display, biddable, social and mobile
- A proven track record in defining and leading large client relationships and digital marketing campaigns on fast moving accounts
- Exceptional presentation skills, with experience of presenting and securing buy-in at the highest level
- Passionate about digital and well versed on the latest industry trends and news
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You believe in open, candid and honest communication at all times, both internally and with clients
- You believe that empowering those working with you is the best way for everyone to succeed; you look to trust, empower and coach to unleash potential.