EMEA Strategy Director
EMEA Strategy Director
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced media strategist to jointly lead planning across EMEA for the Google client, working as part of Media Futures Group. Reporting to the MFG EMEA Client Lead and primarily based in London, with local teams on the ground in France and Germany, Media Futures Group develops integrated campaigns for Google brands (including Fitbit, Chromebook, Pixel) across the EMEA region.
Our Google clients look to Media Futures Group to deliver highly effective campaigns through a combination of rigorous planning and innovative, insight-led creativity as well as best practices and points of view on modern marketing. Working variously with performance and brand objectives, our media strategists work hand in hand with our client services, strategy, analytics and activation teams to ensure seamless delivery of responses to brief and implementation of live campaigns, all underpinned by a rigorous approach to continuous measurement and learning.
The right candidate for the role will have extensive agency-side experience of planning integrated media campaigns. You will passionately represent Media Futures Group, ensure outstanding delivery to our clients and help create and convert new opportunities for growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team doing cutting edge work for exceptional clients.
With overall responsibility for the development and delivery of our media plans for the Google EMEA business, you will understand the nuances of planning to both brand and performance KPIs and be capable of advancing our best practices in these areas. You will also run thought leadership programmes, work on upstream strategic projects for the clients, and lead or oversee other media planning-related projects for Google.
Key Role Responsibilities
● Lead the development of media strategies and our responses to brief, defining roles for media based on audience, brand, category and cultural insights.
● Build a strong relationship with Google’s inhouse media team MediaLab and Product Marketing teams to facilitate our contribution to ‘up-stream’ strategic projects.
● Ensure consistent application of best practice and quality standards by our in-market EMEA teams including London, Paris, Dusseldorf, and onboard new markets.
● Work cross-functionally with our Media Planning, Analytics and Client Service leads on Google to deliver seamlessly against our campaign and client needs and ensure that our strategic planning practice closely follows guidelines set by Google's MediaLab and analytics team.
● Gain a robust understanding of our audience and media planning tools and their appropriate application to Google's briefs.
● Personally lead the responses to region-wide planning briefs, closely collaborating with our insights, planning, analytics and creative teams to create ground-breaking campaigns.
● Build strong relationships with our teams across the region through thought leadership, mentoring and collaboration.
● Have a strong point of view on popular culture, consumer behaviour, how the media landscape is changing, and how this impacts how we plan across multiple markets.
● Collaborate closely with internal teams and clients across the other Google business regions to identify and deliver opportunities for media insight that drive business results.
● Understand the role you and your team play in delivering on our client's central goals including revenue growth, efficiency, and future-facing projects.
Experience & Key Skills Required
● Broad and deep experience of developing successful media strategies for clients, ideally across multiple markets.
● Expert understanding of the media landscape across online and offline media.
● Able to distill insights from multiple sources into a simple but powerful strategy, with a clear and compelling narrative.
● Experience of defining strategic planning processes and working within integrated teams.
● Skilled at developing innovative media ideas into execution to make the competition jealous.
● Media agency experience is essential, but experience of working in other types of comms planning agency or client side is desirable.
● A proven track record of collaborating with clients on new ways of working,
● Able to influence whether you’re someone’s line manager or not.
● A proven track record in defining media strategies and plans
● Ideally strong knowledge of Google’s platforms and products.
● A strong understanding of the EMEA region's media landscape, with a focus on France, UK and Germany.
● Proven success in media planning process design, implementation and enhancement, ideally with experience designing for disparate market specific requirements.
● Impactful point of view on planning and measurement tools.
● Working knowledge of and desire to be involved with media performance reporting.
● A passion to help and develop people. You make yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support and are skilled in motivating people to succeed.
● Impeccable client relationship skills. This role requires you to interact with senior clients and partner with them to launch category defining media campaigns
● Confidence to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
● Proactive, with good analytical and strategic skills.
● Love being part of a global network and working with diverse teams.
● Thrive delivering a change agenda and managing ambiguity.
● Hands-on, completer/finisher who is able to deliver on the People First Better Results agenda.
● Clear communication and presentation skills.