Associate Director - Mat Cover - Richemont & Kenneth Green Associates
MediaCom Job Description – Associate Director Planning (Mat Cover)
Overview of job
MediaCom is looking for an experienced Associate Director Planning to join an exciting team managing a client portfolio of Richemont’s luxury brands including Cartier, Montblanc, Piaget, IWC and Jaeger-leCoultre, along with premium fragrance distributor Kenneth Green Associates.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Business Director on the team
3 best things about the job:
- Working with some of the most prestigious luxury brands in the world, closely collaborating with clients to demonstrate how comms can help to drive their businesses
- Being an integral part of one of the most exciting teams in the agency with the brightest minds and best talent
- Working at London’s biggest and most successful agency – MediaCom was named the Agency Network of the Year by WARC in 2019
Measures of success
In 3 months, you would have:
- Become the lead planning contact for designated client portfolio
- Become an expert in the Luxury and Fragrance categories
- Built strong relationships with both clients, internal stakeholders and the Richemont Global team at MediaCom Paris
- Become an expert in MediaCom’s Systems Thinking approach
In 6 months, you would have:
- Become a trusted strategic partner for clients
- Led the annual planning responses for Richemont, embedding Systems Thinking into the process
- Delivered the 360 review and development plan for direct report
In 12 months, you would have:
- Managed a full planning cycle, with end to end development, execution and analysis of best in class work across both Richemont and Kenneth Green Associates
- Supported the Business Director in creating client growth plans
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead planning/ account management contact for clients
- Application of MediaCom’s Systems Thinking approach to all responses
- Work with implementational teams to ensure seamless execution of campaigns
- Management of all financial processes related to clients (PO tracking / Unbilled Approval / Budget Tracker / Invoice Tracking)
- Line management of Planning Executive
What you will need:
- Ability to gain trust and confidence of senior clients and stakeholders
- Knowledge of/experience within the luxury category
- Strong service-led approach
- Questioning mindset and the ability to challenge and influence with diplomacy
- Strong commercial acumen
- Expert in comms planning
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en