Digital PR Manager
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
As Digital PR Manager you’ll sit within our Performance Content team and will report to our Head of SEO. Your main objectives & responsibilities will be to deliver digital PR campaigns for a range of MediaCom clients, operating in a variety of industries (inc. health, ecommerce, finance, garden & home, education, automotive etc). Although you’ll work within the Performance Content team, your role will straddle both Performance Content and SEO, allowing you to provide valuable digital PR insight to the SEO leads and the Content Manager.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a fast-paced digital PR environment, with hands on understanding of achieving coverage & placements on top tier sites, in global media & local publications alike. You should be enthusiastic about content & PR, on top of the current developments in this space and able to implement best practice methodologies and tactics. You’ll be able to influence the direction and strategy of digital PR operations for clients, whilst also leading, training and growing a small team. You’ll be involved in ideation & content planning/creation from day 1, so will be able to guide these in the right direction to meet our aims.
Objectives of the Role:
- To acquire coverage & links for clients using a variety of methods with the aim of increasing organic rankings – mainly focused on direct outreach via email, social media and phone.
- Working with the main SEO contact for each client to directly guide the type of content & stories created, the medium used and the hook/angle chose.
- Understanding what the key publications & sites in each industry serviced are, with the aim of achieving coverage & links on them.
- Attend client meetings and calls to present and review digital PR plans or results with the main SEO contact.
- Report on digital PR campaigns to show coverage and links achieved, plus additional metrics.
- Keep track of successful campaigns, hooks and angles to inform and shape future work.
- Run ‘retro’ sessions to help understand what’s working, and where improvements can be made.
- Improve and constantly advance the digital PR product where possible.
- Ensure that work is prioritised and planned out, so each SEO lead and the Head of SEO is aware of which projects are running and to what timeframe.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Excellent working knowledge of digital PR and link acquisition for the purpose of increasing rankings & traffic.
- An understanding of industry tools including BuzzSumo, Gorkana, Google Analytics & Google Search Console.
- Strong problem solving skills – focused around creating engaging hooks and angles.
- Diligence in meeting agreed timescales & providing approved deliverables.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks based on client demands.
Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both clients and internal stakeholders as well as mentor and support staff.
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.