AV Associate Director
AV Associate Director
Overview of role
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst recently being named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Decade.
We are looking for a diligent senior buyer with at least two years of TV buying experience and has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio, so they are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers – eBay, TCCC and MoneySupermarket.
Reporting of the role
This role is one of two Associate Director roles within one of MediaCom’s internal Business Units. The role reports to the Investment Lead, who you will work closely with to help run one of the largest AV teams in the agency. You will also work closely with the relevant Trading Heads regarding value management, quality, and channel coordination.
3 best things about the job
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- An extremely supportive and encouraging leadership team that puts their team’s development first
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built a strong working relationship with the other AV Planning and Investment ADs and Directors within the group. This will be key – you will be pivotal in creating the right environment for all our planner-buyers to develop, grow and create great work
- Built strong working relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally – this includes key client contacts, Comms Planners and Investment Leads within our Business Unit
- Gained a good understanding of the client businesses which you will oversee
- Overseen the delivery of all AV plans and responses on time and without errors
- Have a solid grasp of all the commercial aspects of your role (clients’ businesses and ours)
In six months, you would have:
- Implemented a robust test and learn framework for relevant clients in the group to show how our AV planning and buying is pushing their businesses forward (beyond just media metrics)
- Started to demonstrate to your clients an improvement in key business performance metrics
In twelve months, you would have:
- Delivered stable or improving client referral scores on all your client businesses
- Nurtured a happy and motivated team of AV specialist who have a vision for how their careers can grow
- Delivered demonstrable revenue growth within your group of clients
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensuring all client and internal deadlines are delivered throughout the team
- All client pricing commitments are delivered
- Ensuring the team are motivated and have clear career progression path
- Proactively identifying areas for revenue growth
What you will need
- Detailed knowledge of the wider business, each division including the benefits and key role they play in making MediaCom a leader
- High degree of commercial awareness including utilising budgets/spend, fees and allocation of resource
- Ability to identify what ‘the real’ key issues are & find solutions that are a win/win or satisfy both the client/MediaCom agenda
- Actively listens, considers opinions of others
- Composed while under pressure or when facing challenging behaviour, with the ability to turn around difficult situations
- Ability to question and challenge ideas and individuals while maintaining or building a relationship
- Questioning mindset
- Challenges the status quo, anticipates problems, and finds creative solutions
- Develops new ideas that benefit the wider agency
- Not afraid to make tough decisions, using sound reasoning to do so
- Leads by influence and example to inspire and motivate the team
- Multi-media understanding and 360 AV knowledge (all channels)
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g. Techedge, BARB, Media Ocean, TGI, NRS, Comscore, Rajar, Postar)
- Implementational knowledge of multi media planning tools (TGI, Media Multiplier, Touchpoints)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights / research to support planning decisions
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Genuine interest in industry research and new ways of working
- Strives to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation
- Understanding of brands and ability to understand and execute strategy
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*