Digital Senior Planner
WORKING ON MARS
Mars have world famous, well-loved brands including Snickers, Galaxy, Maltesers and Whiskas. Brands which continue to be at the forefront of the advertising industry by driving innovation and effectiveness.
Moving into 2021 Mars will be adapting a unique industry leading & transformative media vision at the heart of which is the use of data applied intelligently to drive more effective demand and conversion. We need the best people to help drive this forwards as we build a team fit for the future.
Overview of job
We need a driven and enthusiastic Digital Senior Planner/Buyer who is ready to hit the ground running. Working in the digital team the Senior Digital Planner Buyer will be responsible for the briefing process and managing the team planner to ensure all Mars digital campaigns run smoothly.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Associate Director and Digital Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Work on a client who are hungry to try new digital media platforms and have a rigorous testing strategy that goes beyond standard FMCG advertising.
- Opportunity to work on projects that can be rolled out on a global level.
- Get a better understanding of how Mars chocolate is made, with lots of free samples!
In three months, you would have:
- Established strong relationship with Mediacom Planning team to understand client’s business objectives and strategies.
- Manage client approvals and PO organisation
- Work with digital planners to ensure that the campaign plans reflect Mars’ goals and brand KPI’s
- Work with digital planners to ensure the campaigns are tracking and delivering correctly.
- Collate reports and build PCA for campaign.
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
In six months, you would have:
- Develop stronger relationship with key client contacts, presenting media recommendations, and PCA reports.
- Start to understand the commercial aspects of the Mars account (their business and ours)
- Developed a point of view on our plans’ performance and can make recommendations for improving YOY results;
- Gained a thorough understanding of our financial processes and taken a lead in resolving any PIQs and queries on the account
- Expanded your knowledge of digital media partners through regular meetings with publishers.
In twelve months, you would have
- Built a strong working relationship with the Mars AV team to ensure integration between their digital video buying (BVOD) and our digital buying
- Developed strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns;
- Developed strong influencing skills and an ability to make independent decisions
- Helped drive recommendation for Mars on their 2020 test and learn agenda that will complement their digital strategy and KPI’s
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital team, providing value to holistic planning across the categories and products.
Responsibilities of the role:
In 2017 Mars made a conscious effort to move away from traditional TV campaigns and extend their digital activity. Identifying the declining TV viewership with the younger audience Mars and Mediacom are looking to identify new digital platforms that are going to engage their audience and drive sales.
The Senior Digital Buyer role will form a vital part of the Mars digital planning team at Mediacom, working across all Mars categories (Confectionary, Food and Petcare). They will require strong project management skills and an efficient working style as they will be responsible for owning the digital briefs and working with the Digital Manager and planners to deliver/ coordinate flawless executional plans.
They will also be responsible for the campaigns’ performance & optimisation, including managing regular campaign reporting, preparing and coordinating responses to briefs and presenting PCAs.
The Senior Digital Buyer will also require strong understanding of the financial process as they will be responsible for managing finance through to the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees as they will be responsible for financial accountability on clients’ business.
What you will need:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a digital planning role
- Interest and enthusiasm to work on one of the world’s largest brands
- You have a good understanding of the Digital landscape as it relates to various channels including, but not limited to, display and video
- Have experience in planning and executing Digital plans for both brand and response outcomes
- Deep knowledge and commitment to continued improvement in quality, brand safety and viewability across clients
- You have a proven track record in delivering insights and recommendations that have improved campaign performance
- Ability to understand brand KPI’s and identify new ways to deliver brand strategy
- The ability to work with IT resources such as databases and spreadsheets for collection and management of campaign reporting.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Are capable of financial accuracy, through the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees; be responsible for financial accountability on clients’ business;
- You can independently manage your workload and that of the team below you, and deliver on multiple simultaneous projects;
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills for liaising with colleagues, clients and media owners
- Good leadership skills and talent management
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en