Digital Account Manager
Digital Account Manager – Bayer and AkzoNobel
Overview of role
MediaCom is looking for a Digital Account Manager to join the Bayer and AkzoNobel team to work across some of Britain’s most innovative and recognisable brands with exciting market challenges and opportunities.
AkzoNobel (owner of Dulux paint) and Bayer (which own brands including Berocca, Clarityn, Canesten and Rennie) are exciting, digital first, clients where a Digital Account Manager has the opportunity to put their stamp on how we digital media can drive growth for these businesses.
Costa and Bayer are brilliant clients to work with – challenging Mediacom to deliver best-in-class media strategy and digital thinking, whilst also looking to explore the new and different. Digital is at the heart of their marketing ambitions and so the individual in this role can make a real and tangible difference to our work on the account and the success of the marketing.
Working on these accounts will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from and help develop some of the most dynamic and talented people at MediaCom, from a variety of departments.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Senior Digital Associate Director of each account, Justine Baloh (Bayer) & Rob Walker (Costa)
3 best things about the job
1.Opportunity to work with clients who are prioritising Digital & Data Maturity: You’ll be joining a team where Digital is at the heart of these clients’ ambitions, and a key focus for internal and external stakeholders.
2.Get in at the beginning of an exciting growth period for both clients. We’ve recently won retention pitches for both Bayer & Costa and now is the time we’ll begin delivering on our exciting and ambitious pitch promises.
3.Scope to grow; we don’t believe in hierarchy or an overly formal structure on these accounts. If you deliver strong work you’ll have the opportunity to own major projects, many important stakeholders and ultimately progress in your career.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Onboarded fully onto the accounts and met all key stakeholders
- Built strong relationships with teams and clients
- Understood all the particular processes / ways of working on these accounts.
In six months, you would have:
- Gained trust of all internal & external stakeholders
- Led 2 or more digital plans from brief, to ideation, to implementation and reporting.
- Positively contributed to the quality of digital planning output on these accounts
In 12 months, you would have:
- Made a positive difference to the quality of work on the account
- Be proactively helping & contributing to overall digital strategy on these accounts
- Be a completely trusted digital practitioner, with a strong grasp over these accounts.
Responsibilities of the role
- Support the development of exceptional digital planning work
- Lead client relationships on digital-only brands
- Plan Display & Video campaigns, working closely with the Programmatic Services Team to deliver these campaigns
- Contribute to overall digital strategy on the account, in particular how we can drive more effective use of data across these accounts
- Lead reporting calls, delivering meaningful and engaging insight to our clients that positive impact campaign performance
- Use digital data to contribute to the Comms Team’s insight work
- Be involved in creative stretch session to overcome client challenges
- Be a point of integration & coordination with all digital planning teams
What you will need
- Experience working in digital media at an agency / media owner / client
- Understanding of digital principles (both DR & performance), paid social, partnerships, paid search, data and analytics
- Knowledge & interest to learn more about the evolving programmatic landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video.
- Practical experience working with Google Marketing Platform (in particular DV360 & GA360) is preferrable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of YouTube Planning/Buying is preferrable but not essential
- Experience pulling together reporting insight and turning that insight into meaningful recommendations that have a positive impact on your client’s business.
- Interest in Marketing in general, and a passion for helping clients achieve their Marketing ambitions.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- A positive and passionate approach to contribute to the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently, with support where needed
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry
- An ambition and tenacity to make the ordinary extraordinary
- An ability to spot the real issue behind the brief – knowing how to challenge the client to understand what they really need
- Data-literacy – aware of the available resources and how to turn data into insights that shape clear strategic opportunities
- Attention to detail
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*