Digital Associate Director
Digital Associate Director - Sky
This is an exciting new opportunity within the Sky team at MediaCom for someone to help drive forward our fantastic digital & paid social strategy across brand & trade. Working on Sky, you will be responsible for leading a growing team and delivering across a range of digital, paid social and addressable channels. This involves working closely with your clients directly and a range of wider stakeholders to ensure high quality, consistent campaigns that meet our client KPI’s.
As well as leading best-in-class Digital campaigns (ranging from always on trading campaigns, huge brand campaigns showcasing Sky’s original content, to through-the-line iPhone launch campaigns), the role will focus on driving forward how we utilise audience and tech to our advantage in planning, execution & creative. We have a strong tech eco-system on Sky but have yet to fully harness the power of this and you will be directly involved in pushing forward our use of 1st Party data (Google & DMP), key digital platforms (DV360, Quantcast, Xandr, Facebook) and media owner data (Facebook, Spotify etc) to ensure that our planning, implementation and digital teams are fully utilising each data to source to it’s maximum potential and that it’s having a direct benefit to our clients.
You will be leading the relationship with digital and marketing clients across your Sky product areas, continuing to foster our collaborative, “One Team” relationship with Sky. The scale of the Sky account allows the digital team to work on industry leading workstreams, strategy & executions, and as a result, this is an extremely exciting opportunity for applicants with expertise, passion and drive for all things Digital.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Digital Business Director
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Creating and developing new capability within the team and client to push the boundaries and step change our work.
- You will work with some of the best people in the industry and work closely with some of our best talent across each department in the agency.
- Opportunity to develop and showcase your own skills by pushing forward the digital strategy on the biggest account in the UK
What are the measures of success?
- You will have led client contact and will have been responsible for delivering best in class performance across digital to meet both brand and direct response KPI’s.
- You will have been responsible for the managing planning, execution & optimisation of budget, channels, tactics and creative when a campaign is in flight to ensure we deliver vs. our objectives for any given brief.
- You will have exhibited an understanding of campaign performance at both a macro and micro level, made recommendations to client are based on sound data, and most importantly, shown that this has led to quantifiable change.
- You will have developed the team around you into digital experts that are comfortable executing campaigns across Social & Display platforms, as well as planning, delivering insights and reporting to clients.
- You will have helped define best practice, automated processes and delivered the right insights for your clients.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor.
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
What will you need?
- To be genuinely passionate about all things social and digital!
- To have a keen interest in problem identification and solution building
- To have the drive to impart this knowledge and passion into others
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*